What You Will Do:
Guidehouse is currently looking for an Managing Consultant to join our cross-cutting functional team supporting federal and commercial health clients in Advanced Analytics and Intelligent Automation. We are looking for this person to be both an innovative solution lead and to be involved in shaping and continuing the growth of our business in advisory and data product services.
Candidates should be market-facing self-starters who bring with them a high level of ownership over their work, an enthusiastic attitude, and a collaborative mindset to support our efforts to sell and provide consulting solutions. Your role will be to coordinate activities across multiple projects and provide experience-based insight into client operations. Some of the activities that you can expect to be part of your day-day responsibilities: engaging leadership to discuss pressing needs, helping teams understand dependencies across programs, acting as a contributor to team meetings, helping to develop strategic communications, and supporting account strategy.
- Identify policy and/or business problems and successfully capture from sourcing through award/close.
- Perform research on key accounts and clients to effectively qualify and scope new business opportunities
- Discuss and develop solutions with client service teams and existing/new clients
- Actively engage within target accounts and relevant market(s) to keep current on existing and new trends, problem areas, or other issues that develop into new requirements and growth opportunities
- Consistently and systematically initiate sales calls and new relationships or contacts; pursue prospects to secure meetings; win referrals and explore sales opportunities
- Execute a targeted relationship and account development strategy
- Understand client business issues and match them to firm's capabilities; identify new revenue opportunities
- Present during meetings, summits, and working sessions with senior client executives
- Provide subject matter expert support across multiple client engagements; develop and review presentations, briefings, and memos, and reports
- Identify client needs and develop solutions to address these needs
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilizing problem-solving skills, and communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment;
- Scope and staff projects to meet client requirements
- Develop work plans that reflect project scope and client expectations
- Provide oversight and development of work products from start to finish (from brainstorming and framework development to final edits and end-product)
- Exemplify and reinforce quality standards in work products
- Gather/create/share experiences in area of expertise with focus on best practices
Engagement Oversight and Management
- Ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions and internal firm policies
- Manage contract budgets
- Develop trusted relationships with clients
- Provide direction, feedback, and coaching to team members
- Build a pipeline of new business through active relationship development/management, proposal efforts, and thought leadership efforts
Career Development and Mentorship
- Mentor employees within the practice field of activity.
- Provide subject matter support, guidance and coaching of team members
What You Will Need:
Minimum Security Clearance: US Citizenship
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Economics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience leading teams in data analytics and data visualizations, including selecting and applying the appropriate analytical techniques for statistical analysis, predictive modelling, simulation, and machine learning
- 5 years of experience with analytics development including Python or R
- 5 years of experience visually communicating data analysis visually, including bespoke analyses and BI Tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (e.g., Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- 3+ years of database experience, including SQL and noSQL
- A deep understanding of advanced analytics, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML), and Natural Language Processing (NLP) landscape
- 3+ years of consulting experience in management consulting, investment banking, finance, corporate strategy, product management or related business field
- 3+ years of business development experience, including RFP/RFQ responses, developing white papers/concept papers, and building and demonstrating prototype solutions to customers
- 3+ years of experience supporting federal agencies or state agencies
- Proven track record generating revenues with existing (required) and new (preferred) clients (selling and managing $1 million credited sales annually)
- Managed projects to timeline, scope, and budget on multiple teams simultaneously
- Experience advising/briefing senior executives
- Experience managing people, including one-on-one meetings, feedback, and coaching
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What Would Be Nice To Have:
Education: M.S./M.A. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Economics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Experience with workforce planning
- Experience with regulatory agencies, such as Food and Drug Administration or U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Experience with scientific advising, including hypothesis development and significance testing
- Experience managing a team of 3+ direct reports, including one-on-one meetings, feedback, coaching, retention, and career progression
- Public health or healthcare experience
- Graph databases
- Geospatial analytics or GIS
- Development on MS Power Platform, i.e., Power Apps
- Spark, Scala, and Databricks
- Technical/product management and software experience
The annual salary range for this position is $95,100.00-$190,200.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility Stipend
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation.