About the opportunity:
Motive is looking for a Head of AI & Perception who is passionate about solving challenging Computer Vision problems and building our AI camera products.
- We need an experienced and ambitious technology leader who can think strategically & architecturally, articulate a compelling long-term technical vision, develop and execute realistic implementation plans, effectively support business operations, and manage our Engineering team.
- Define and implement a technology vision, incl. make/buy decisions for all business-critical AI systems and applications, that supports an ambitious business strategy of profitable growth
- Manage product and business outcomes of the AI research and engineering teams
- Develop a long-term product roadmap in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Lead technical design discussions by collaborating with multiple teams
- Drive the execution, launch, and daily operations of functionalities for internal/external customers and vendors at consistently high qualityIntroduce and continuously evolve cutting-edge development, release, and operations processes
- Develop, document, and improve best practices and coding standards
- Hire, manage, and develop a diverse team of highly qualified Engineers. This includes providing expert technical guidance, effective coaching and career development
- As needed, contribute to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain and deepen an understanding of our codebase and business processes
- MS or PhD in an AI or related field
- 10+ years of experience in AI, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Science,
Software Engineering or related domains
- Prior experience in AI cameras or autonomous driving systems a big plus
- 5+ years of experience managing 30+ engineers and 2+ years of experience managing engineering managers
- Have technical depth and breadth in the following areas: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Science, agile product development, distributed systems, infrastructure, and cloud.
- Solid mathematical foundation in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and optimization approaches.
- Ability to perform architectural work, including the development of technical designs and definition of requirements based on an explanation of business issues experienced by internal/external customers and vendors.
- Proven track record as a nimble and proactive thinker and doer, who thrives in an environment that demands excellence
- A high degree of comfort with short release cycles, owning the full software lifecycle, and deep experience working on a product for public consumption
- Passion for continuous experimentation and learning, coupled with a desire to make things run faster, better, and cheaper
- Demonstrated success in hiring, managing, motivating, and promoting skilled Engineers
- An opinion on and a solid understanding of what makes for a strong, healthy, and productive Engineering culture
- A track record as a strong individual contributor earlier in your career, with continued interest in rolling up your sleeves and pitch in with coding yourself when needed
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
San Francisco, California
U.S. metropolitan areas: Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City Area, Seattle, Washington D.C.
Other locations in the United States
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Motive, formerly KeepTruckin, builds technology to improve the safety, productivity and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. We serve more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including construction, field service, agriculture, trucking and logistics, delivery, and more.