As part of the Global Biostatistics Group within the Edward Lifesciences, the Biostatistics Intern will work on projects related to heart valve clinical trials.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Set up simulation scenarios and conduct simulations independently
- Execute statistical analysis using simulated data
- Communicate study results with supervisor
- Complete project status reports with updates.
- Present project to the Biostatistics Group
- Pursuing a Master's or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Epidemiology or equivalent with a focus on statistical analysis and interpretation of data
- Must be in good scholastic standing (3.0+ GPA or equivalent)
- Availability for an assignment for a minimum of 10 weeks over the course of the summer.
- Must not require company sponsorship for an employment-based visa now or in the future.
- Statistical programming skills with SAS or R
- Proficient with basic statistical knowledge and concept
- Internship applicants must be enrolled in an accredited Master’s or PhD program for the entire duration of their internship. Upon graduating, students are no longer eligible for an internship at Edwards.
- Must graduate December 2023 or later.
- Knowledge and experience in causal inference framework and mediation analysis
- Knowledge and experience in analyzing observational study and real-world data
- Knowledge and experience with survival analysis
- Knowledge and experience in data simulation
- Effective communication skills
- Technical writing and presentation skills
- Finished PhD qualification exam
- Expected graduation date between May 2024 and December 2025
- Project presentation
- Final project report (including weekly update reports)
- SAS/R code executing the mediation analysis using simulated data
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
For California, the base pay range for this position is $54,000 to $72,000 (highly experienced).
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California.
No. of Employees
Irvine, California, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation is currently hiring Biostatistics Intern Jobs in Irvine, CA, USA with average base salary of $54,000 - $72,000 / Year.