- Develop sensor fusion algorithms as and when new sensors are available
- Tune the filters that discard false detections and tracks
- Develop novel algorithms for fusing lidar, radar and visual tracking
- Develop novel segmentation algorithms utilizing 3D point cloud data from LIDAR for object detection/recognition and scene understanding
- Utilize both geometric and learning based solutions to come up with robust solutions
- Develop novel algorithms to detect and identify objects in the radar returns
- Design machine learning and temporal solutions to process the data
- Design algorithms to detect when the system is not performing up to the mark
- Perform correction while the system is engaged if possible
- Performance Benchmarking
Obstacle Detection and Tracking:
- Run continuous checks and tests offline to ensure the detection algorithms are working up to the mark
- Add new scenarios to keep on improving the baseline system performance
Offline calibration checks:
- Perform sensor state checks to ensure sanity of all the sensor data being processed
- Publish reports for the test in a meaningful format to speed up error detection
- Work closely with infrastructure and system hardware team in order to improve the raw sensor data on which we develop our algorithms
- Tune various software driver parameters to increase performance of the algorithms in every scenario
Testing, Review and Maintenance:
- Design tests to catch any potential hardware or software error before deployment
- Develop automatic checks for the vehicle drivers to maximize time and faster resolution of any potential problems
- Maintain and improve existing code base
- Develop automated solutions to improve the code quality
- Review each other’s code and algorithms periodically to improve productivity
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience as Software Developer, Software Engineer or a related occupation working on computer vision research and development implementing Python, C++ or Java code.
- Knowledge of machine learning; image processing and computer vision including object detection, segmentation and motion tracking algorithms; and implementing, tuning and deploying deep learning neural networks.
Annual Salary: $150,000 - $210,000
Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience
Your opportunities joining Plus
Work, learn and grow in a highly future-oriented, innovative and dynamic field.
Wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Catered free lunch, unlimited snacks and beverages.
Highly competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) plan.
Plus is a global leader in the autonomous trucking revolution, with award-winning high-performance full-stack driverless technology. Named by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2022, Plus is the only autonomous trucking company with customers operating its product on the road today. Working with one of the largest companies in the U.S., vehicle manufacturers and others, Plus is making long-haul trucking safer.