Noblis is seeking to hire a Data Scientist (All Levels) in Reston, VA
As a Data Scientist with our team, you will be working with our federal clients to rapidly develop innovative solutions for our clients’ immediate mission challenges. In your role, you will work on teams with other data scientists, software developers, and SMEs to apply the best practices and state of the art data science and machine learning processes. As a data scientist you will be working alongside cyber analysts to provide them services to develop AI/ML models on selected data to facilitate object detection, data triage, search/optimization, inference, facial recognition, behavior detection, and automated discovery and decision making, maintaining model versioning system and experience identifying new vulnerabilities in models.
On our team, you will:
- Identify, adapt, and integrate state-of-the-art research and open-source technologies into creative solutions.
- Develop and train new machine learning models.
- Identify, curate, and process large data sets.
- Research, apply, analyze, and document technical approaches and their outcomes.
- Leverage various computing resources such as GPU clusters and cloud-based compute servers.
- All degrees must be in a STEM field such as computer science, statistics, data analytics, computer engineering, mathematics, and physics
- Junior-Level: 1-2 years of professional work experience.
- Mid-Level: 2-4 years of professional work experience.
- Senior-Level: 3-5 years of professional work experience.
- Expert- Level:5+ years of professional work experience.
- Compensation will vary based on level
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance with Polygraph
Desired skills and knowledge:
- The ideal candidate has proficiency with major data science tools and languages such as Python, NiFi (a plus), PostgreSQL/SQL, Spark, and Git
- Experience working with open-source data sets.
- Experience working with Cyber data to include examples such as (Shodan, Censys.IO, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with cleaning, managing, optimizing performance with, and processing large volumes of data.
- The Data Scientist has familiarity with industry best practices for software/hardware optimization when processing large data sets and offers experience in the following required task areas: experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, time-series forecasting, and/or geospatial analytics; experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other parallel storage/computing processes is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure
- Learn about and support Noblis’ client engagement, corporate values, and corporate strategic priorities, including providing input to proposal writers.
- Build a productive relationship with your client and understand their structure and goals.
- Participate in the proposal process by providing input to proposal writers.
Noblis is an independent and objective nonprofit organization specializing in science, technology, and strategy. Our team of experts in management, engineering, and scientific thought collaborate with various government and industry clients across different fields such as national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and citizen services.
No. of Employees
Reston, VA, USA