Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
If you are passionate about Data, finding and building solutions for complex challenges, and creating products that delight customers, you have the profile we are looking for.
There are no boring days in Glia!
Cerebro team is building the new architecture for data massive storage and visualization, and we are looking for a Principal Data Engineer to play a major role in the process.
We will be relying on your expertise and insights to solve our complex business needs.
Our challenges include:
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Combining historical data and real time data to generate meaningful insights for our customers
- Creating data tools for analytics team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product and business processes into an innovative industry leader
- Continuously evolving and improving our architecture to support business needs and growth challenges
The team’s setup
Team Cerebro is a cross functional team composed by Engineers, Product Managers and Data Analysts. Team’s processes are supported by an Engineering Manager (more focused on people), and a Tech Lead (more focused on technology).Team defines its work collaboratively with its stakeholders.
We have members in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia, and Portugal, so our processes are optimized for remote collaboration. We work in the Eastern European time zone (EET/EEST).
Our tech stack
- Application: Elixir, Ruby, AWS
- Persistence: Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, Apache Druid, Snowflake
- Monitoring: DataDog
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
Note: We are constantly evolving our tech stack to assure the usage of the right tools for the specific needs, and you will be part of the process.
- Proven track record designing and building highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable data systems.
- In-depth understanding of data modeling techniques and distributed data processing architectures
- In-depth understanding of database systems (SQL, NoSQL, time-series, graph), use-cases, and tradeoffs
- Experience establishing service level objectives (SLOs) and the metrics and indicators (SLIs) to achieve them
- Experience with performance characterization, monitoring, and optimization
- Experience defining models and synthetic data for testing of various load and adverse network condition scenarios
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with datasets
- Large experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Proven ability to investigate, select and apply the right tools to the problem at hand
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience mentoring people
- Experience with one or more of: PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Timestream, Druid, Timescale
- Experience with stream processing and queuing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kinesis)
- Experience with machine learning on time-series data for anomaly detection
- Experience with data visualization
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
Glia provides businesses with the ability to offer an in-person customer experience over the internet. With just one line of code, businesses can pinpoint and interact with their most valuable website visitors using video, voice, chat, and CoBrowsing tools, leading to greater online conversions and enhanced customer support.
No. of Employees
New York, NY, USA