At Schneider Electric, we are committed to solving real-world problems to create a sustainable, digitized, new electric future. Artificial Intelligence has the potential to transform industries and help unlock efficiency and sustainability.
Within our Global AI Hub we combine our long-standing manufacturing and domain expertise with cutting-edge innovation in AI, machine learning, and deep learning to empower smarter decision-making, agility, and decarbonization.
As part of the AI Technology group, we are hiring a Cloud Data Engineer.
The AI Technology group (70 people) is developing 2 AI platforms relying on Azure and AWS to address external and internal needs.
Your responsabilities :
- Engineering of efficient, scalable, and adaptable data pipelines to process structured, semi structured and unstructured data.
- Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to service a large variety of use cases
- Implement data observability and monitor data pipelines in production to ensure proper operation.
- Act as a partner to the platform engineering team and Machine Learning team, understand their challenges and make opinionated recommendations that empower them with data solutions.
- Write infrastructure as code to deploy our data infrastructure
- Write ETL job to collect and aggregate data.
- Build High quality data models.
- Identification, implementation of shared components & libraries to be re-used from a context to another.
- Specification, design, implementation, test, validation, and industrialization of advanced data management functions to be incorporated in products, systems and solutions.
- Collaboration with data and domain experts to identify data transformation methods, tools and technologies to build platform & product offerings.
- Contribution to the identification and evaluation of potential external partners.
- Contribution to intellectual property protection, capitalization of knowledge, and internal and external communication.
Your profile :
- Master or PhD or equivalent diploma in Data Processing, computer science with minimum 2 years of experience.
- Expert in engineering data pipeline using technologies such as Presto, Spark or Flink and or the equivalent managed services from public cloud providers.
- Software engineering skills/experience: capacity to perform coding, debugging, testing (including unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests) and troubleshooting throughout the application development process and in agile mode.
- Ideally, some knowledge of Energy Management and Automation market
- Orientation towards solving problems, achieving results, and applying technology to real-life business cases.
- Effective communication skills including aptitude for data-driven story telling: convincing with words, impacting with data, and influencing with visuals.
- Autonomy AND capacity to cooperate.
- Openness of mind AND scientific rigor.
- Fluent English.
- Languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure, AWS
- Tools: Kubernetes, Databricks, Docker, Spark, OpenDataSoft, Github, Terraform.
Our offer includes attractive remuneration and goes far beyond that. We offer competitive benefits, a work environment that encourages professional development, a qualitative onboarding and accompaniment throughout the different stages of your life (training, career opportunities, parenting, flexibility ...), in a great workplace.
Schneider Electric SE
Schneider Electric SE is a multinational company based in France that specializes in energy management and automation solutions. Schneider Electric's products and services include building automation, industrial control systems, power distribution, and energy efficiency solutions. The company also provides software and digital solutions to help customers manage and optimize their energy usage.
No. of Employees