Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset. Read more about our culture at https://www.keyvalues.com/covariant
You will lead the hardware team in China to work closely with the overseas team and leverage resources from third-party suppliers to achieve the development and delivery of the company's product automation.
In addition to technology, you should act as a good bridge between the HW team and other functions, in Shenzhen, Silicon Valley and other deployment & sales teams in the US and Europe.
This is not a remote role and requires full-time presence in Shenzhen, China.
- Develop the strategic layout of the company's automation business development based on the strategic development direction.
- Responsible for expanding and cooperating with suppliers in the Chinese region for automation business, and establishing a new business cooperation system.
- Build the development process, supplier system, quality system, and cost management system for automation business in the Chinese region.
- Work closely with the overseas team to deeply explore the practical needs of customers and provide high-quality technical solutions.
- Responsible for the full-life cycle management of the company's hardware products, and planning and optimization of technical paths.
- Lead the hardware team in the Chinese region to achieve product automation development and delivery, and improve and motivate the team's technical level.
- Core requirements
- Background in mechanical, electronic, automation, or project management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the automation industry, with at least 3 years of experience in the same position, preferred in non-standard fields.
- Familiar with the development and management of automation equipment, and business expansion.
- Have successful experience in implementing international and domestic cooperation projects.
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Nice to haves
- Working experience in international companies in China.
- People management experiences in companies with similar values (learning constantly, striving for empathy and taking on the impossible, together).
- Experiences working in related fields, such as autonomous driving, AIoT, etc.A broad range of knowledge base and interests ranging from SWE / AI to HW.
- Familiarity with supply chain management.
- Learning resources
- Health management
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
Covariant is a California-based startup that develops artificial intelligence (AI) software for industrial robotics. The company was founded in 2017 by PhDs from UC Berkeley and Stanford University, and it has raised over $100 million in funding from investors like Lux Capital, Baidu Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz. Covariant's software uses a combination of deep learning, reinforcement learning, and other AI techniques to allow robots to learn