Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
This role falls in our Platform team, to help decide, architect, and implement how Flock consumes and exposes video from Flock and third party devices. This is a collaborative effort, so expect to partner closely with our Platform team, the Machine Learning team, the devices team, our frontend focussed software teams, and our product team.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own development on our video ingestion platform
- Collaborate with Machine Learning, Hardware teams, and front end focussed teams on multifaceted projects touching the entire system
- Learn our system. If a technology is out there, we probably touch it
- Working directly with Product to scope features into iterative efforts
- Assess new technologies as needed for a task and make decisions balancing technical need and business impact
We're looking for people who:
- Design, architecture, and development on products that deal with live video ingestion, integration, storage, and consumption at scale
- Eager to spend time hopping between low level video/image processing and cloud software at scale.
- Extensive experience designing, building and scaling backend services in a cloud based environment
- Motivated by taking an unknown problem, sinking your teeth in, and coming up with a plan of attack.
- Be interested in all aspects of the business, from direction to office space.
- Be excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product.
Our general interview process is outlined here.
- Video/Image libraries like FFmpeg, GStreamer, h264/h265, OpenCV, Tensorflow Lite
- Cross compilation of all of the above in cloud processes as well as in embedded platforms (e.g. ARM)
- Kinesis Video Streams
- Typescript (Node), Go web services, and Python
- Kubernetes (EKS), AWS Lambda, Docker
- AWS (many managed services)
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock
- Flock cameras help solve ~200 crimes/day
- 70% of all crime involves motor vehicles
- 2100+ cities with private cameras
- 1500+ agency relationships across the US
- 1B+ images processed a month (we process more images than Instagram)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a minimum starting salary of $150,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
We are the first public safety operating system empowering thousands of cities to eliminate crime.
Our cameras and devices detect objective evidence, decode it with machine learning, and deliver it into the hands that stop crime.
Communities operating on Flock Safety reduce crime by up to 70%.