We are looking for a sensor fusion and state estimation engineer --- a problem solver with solid expertise in sensor fusion, state estimation, target tracking, and uncertainty modelling. Your skills will be put to work across the stack including perception, scene understanding, pose estimation, and navigation.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and integrate onboard sensor fusion algorithms.
- Use principled approaches for fusing information from multiple modalities: camera, radar, lidar, thermal, and IMU.
- Develop fusion engines including early and late fusion.
- Improve multi-target tracking performance including track initiation, measurement to track association, and track state maintenance.
- Develop tooling, metrics, and visualization to verify sensor fusion performance.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, innovate, create, and collaborate.
- Strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with academic or industry experience in building state estimation and sensor fusion architectures.
- Domain Expertise. Topics of interest include sensor fusion, Kalman filtering, particle filtering, bayesian estimation, data association, multi-target tracking, neural nets, behavioral prediction, localization and mapping.
- Skilled in C++ and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong software engineering skills and experience building high-reliability deployed applications . You write well-designed, highly maintainable code. Code is your craft.
- Solid understanding of metrics, data analysis, and scientific evaluation.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in defining and building lasting infrastructure components from scratch.
- Hands on. Curious. Flexible. Interested in new domains to expand your horizons and provide a complete system wide solution.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise design documentation to gather feedback from across the team to find the best solution.
What we can offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $175,000-$275,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Kodiak Robotics is a self-driving truck company founded in 2018 by Don Burnette and Paz Eshel. The company is based in Mountain View, California, and is focused on developing autonomous driving technology for long-haul trucks. Kodiak's technology aims to improve safety, increase efficiency, and reduce costs in the trucking industry.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Kodiak Robotics is currently hiring Software Engineer Jobs in Mountain View, CA, USA with average base salary of $175,000 - $275,000 / Year.