We are looking for a Computer Vision Software Engineer with a passion for working on cutting edge problems that can help us create highly realistic, emotional and life-like synthetic humans through text-to-video. We are looking for our next Python / C++ / Computer Vision expert to join the team!
Our aim is to make video content creation available for all - not only to studio production!
You are someone that loves to code and build working systems. You are used to working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will be defining and building the video processing pipeline to understand the intricate detail of humans in video to power our next generation AI Avatars!
You are an excellent Python developer, with experience in delivering packages and services for others to use. You have a broad understanding of Computer Vision and you can implement your own solutions as well as integrate SOTA solutions.
You will join a group of more than 35 Engineers in the R&D department and will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple research teams across diverse areas. We are proud of our research culture. You will work directly with teams in NLP, audio, video, and 3D. Synthesia is an open and highly collaborative environment and we are on a mission together to change the way video is created.
What will you be doing?
In this position, you'll be working at the heart of a dynamic R&D team helping us solve challenging Computer Vision problems by testing, implementing and advancing our solutions. This would include:
- Building computer vision and graphics tools to help our researchers implement new ideas faster and more effectively.
- Owning our Video processing pipeline: switch to services, data ingest, tracking.
- Improving video ingest based on requirements from our Researchers.
- Integrating new features to our video pre-processing pipeline based on our Researchers' requirements (annotations).
- Deployment of different stages of our pipeline as services.
- Testing out SOTA ML Body/Hand tracking solutions and deploy them so that our Researchers can use them.
- Writing clean and efficient code, and defining best practices both in the code base you own and in adoption of the tools you build.
- Developing production quality software, our teams work “full stack” with the ability to deliver direct to product.
Who are you?
- You have a background in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- You have excellent coding skills in Python.
- You are very experienced in C++, you know what modern C++ can offer and make the most of it!
- You are familiar with the tools that help us get to success - CMake, Linux, Git.
- You have experience with Machine Learning, you like to look for and test new ideas.
- You have experience in Computer Vision Domain, you understand Computer Vision problems and like to find interesting solutions!
- You have experience in ML deployment (Docker).
- You have experience working as an Engineer as part of a team, following good practices (maintaining existing code, versioning, conducting code reviews etc.).
- And finally..You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and you are passionate about what you do!
Nice to have…
- Computer Vision: Experience with 2D/3D Tracking.
- Cloud Environment Experience: AWS.
- Deep Learning Experience: PyTorch.
- Experience with specific packages: TorchScript, TensorRT.
The good stuff...
- You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus). Base salary ranges between €70,000 - 90,000 depending on experience.
- You will work in a hybrid setting with an office in Madrid, Spain
- You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
- You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
- You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
- You can participate in a generous referral scheme
- You get a brand new Mac laptop (if that still counts as a benefit in 2023
- You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
Synthesia has been ranked as the top AI video creation platform, utilized by numerous companies to produce videos in 120 different languages. By utilizing Synthesia, businesses can save up to 80% of their time and budget.