We are seeking an Engineering Manager for our Mapping & Localization team. This person will be responsible for leading the development of our in-vehicle online multi-sensor localization solution. They will also maintain and manage our HD mapping ecosystems by developing HD map augmentation, layering & validation tools, and ensuring efficient map serving to the AV stack modules.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing and integration
- Lead Gatik’s Mapping & Localization teams to partner effectively across functional disciplines
- Invent, design, and develop real-time pose estimation and inertial navigation algorithms that run on the autonomous vehicle
- Research and develop algorithms for localization, mapping, state estimation and odometry based on multiple input modalities such as inertial sensors, one or more cameras, GNSS, etc.
- Collaborate with the product and hardware teams on product alignment and deliverables
- Develop offline test infrastructure for localization algorithm assessment
- Invent, design, and develop offline algorithms to process large scale sensor data to produce maps used for pose estimation
- Improve online localization performance and accuracy for better robustness and redundancy
- Analyze and architect safety and redundancy in the localization system
- Research and implement automatic map maintenance and update effectively over time
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field
- 7+ years of industry work experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Expert knowledge of SLAM (frontend and backend), point cloud registration, GNSS/INS and visual slam
- Deep experience with computer vision and computer vision sensors including Camera, LiDAR, Radar, GPS, and other multi-sensor fusion
- Experience using software project management software, such as Jira, Confluence, etc
- Experience in C++ skills
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA) (preferred)
Gatik AI, Inc.
Gatik AI is a technology company that specializes in autonomous middle-mile logistics solutions. Their mission is to transform the transportation industry by providing safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for businesses. Gatik AI's autonomous delivery vehicles are designed to operate on pre-defined routes, carrying goods between warehouses, distribution centers, and retail locations.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Gatik AI, Inc. is currently hiring Engineering Manager, Robotics Jobs in Mountain View, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $220,000 / Year.