At GoHealth Urgent Care, we strive to provide an effortless experience to our customers, providers, and staff. We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our customers’ interaction.
The Chatbot and AI engineer is a position that will play a key role in developing and supporting our consumer facing chatbot solution and other A.I. focused applications to help give our customers peace of mind when they need on-demand care. These applications achieve outcomes such as allowing a customer to get answers to questions fast, get routed to the correct support team, save their spot at a GoHealth Urgent Care center, and much more. This position will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, support, security practices, and maintenance of the production chatbot and related applications/APIs and will be working with the Software Development team and Customer Experience team to deliver an unparalleled user experience. Responsibilities will also include working with internal and external teams across the GoHealth organization to understand our customers’ needs and service offerings and use that information to shape the design and functionality offered in the chatbot. Our conversational intelligence platform is growing rapidly to support new channels and regions. We are looking for a hands-on engineer who is passionate about designing, developing, and deploying cutting edge conversational AI solutions which will impact hundreds of thousands of customers.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including marketing, physicians, customer experience, operations leadership, as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent problem-solving skills to anticipate and solve complexities before deployment and will be expected to be the subject matter expert on all things A.I.
- 4-year CS degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience in artificial intelligence related application design and development
- Expertise with designing, architecting, and maintaining chatbot and other conversational A.I. consumer facing experiences.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with deep learning, natural language understanding/processing, machine learning, and relevant tools and technologies.
- Experience with bot to human escalation
- Expert level data analysis and processing skills
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming
- Expertise with common API formats and technologies
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms including experience with relational database architectures
- Experience with front-end, back-end and machine learning languages, technologies, and design patterns.
- Ability to build scalable, highly performant A.I. applications.
- Ability to keep up with and adhere to UX/UI best practices.
- Proven record of success using development practices including agile project management, test driven development, continuous deployment, etc.
- Ability to handle errors appropriately and in a user/developer friendly way.
- Solid debugging skills and a production support mindset
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Experience with LivePerson Conversational A.I. and related products
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS cloud technologies and resources such as Microsoft Azure (preferred) or AWS
- Healthcare specific software development and A.I. experience
- Experience with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain chatbot(s) and conversational artificial intelligence solutions, related applications and APIs.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to create a seamless chat experience for our customers
- Write clean, testable, documented, and maintainable code.
- Be the artificial intelligence subject matter expert; own and lead technical and non-technical discussions and provide expertise that influences decisions and direction on various topics ranging from design and architecture, to coding and release.
- Interpret datasets both small and large and use data to build and train models.
- Create and maintain up-to-date technical and non-technical documentation for artificial intelligence applications that can be used to train new team members.
- Develop/update applications as identified by GoHealth leadership and marketing through packaged and customized applications.
- Manage production software. You ship it you own it!
- Ensure that production software is scalable, stable, and secure.
- Gather and analyze information necessary to create mock-ups and obtain design approval from appropriate stake holders.
- Use analytical thinking skills to work through complex situations and provide innovative solutions.
- Troubleshoot, fix, and test software bugs.
- Test and document current and future code.
- Debug code and help pinpoint problems and identify errors in software.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
GoHealth Urgent Care
GoHealth Urgent Care serves as a consumer-centric care platform that operates as both a digital and physical front door to the healthcare ecosystem. Our goal is to offer accessible, timely, and high-quality on-demand care to patients through our data-driven and technology-enabled approach, as well as partnerships with top-tier health systems. Whether in-person or virtually, we strive to deliver exceptional care to our patients.