Agile methodologies, Apache Airflow, AWS, Data Biuld Tool - dbt, Databricks, Effective communication skills, Fivetran, GoLang, Kubernetes-K8s, PySpark, Python Programming, Snowflake, SPARK Programming, Terraform
We are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Group. Our data team is responsible for all aspects of data ingestion, storage, transformation, and analysis using modern tools and environments such as Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Databricks, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform. You will be working alongside our development and data science teams to help build and manage all of our data artifacts, systems, and product impacts.
- You will contribute to rapidly scaling our data practice to hit our ambitious growth targets
- Your abilities will enable our Data Scientists and Product teams to improve our product offerings
- Through collaboration and mentoring, you will help level up your team members
- You will assist in improving our ability to leverage data through ensuring teams have access to the platforms, tools and data sets required to drive understanding and product improvement
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer and comfortable using Python, PySpark and working with public cloud like AWS
- Maintaining overall Data Infrastructure which includes Airflow on Kubernetes clusters
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- A strong contributor, with the ability to communicate effectively, set a vision for strong execution and delivery.
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Agile work flow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
- Platform: AWS, Airflow, Spark (Databricks), DBT, Snowflake
- Languages: Python, PySpark, Go
- Other: Terraform, Kubernetes, Fivetran, Segment.io
Working at Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly no meeting day Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of work from anywhere per year!
please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
At Prodigy Education, we are at the forefront of game-based learning worldwide, with a focus on promoting a passion for learning among all students. We are committed to creating a curriculum-aligned, fun, and secure gameplay experience that motivates millions of learners globally. We firmly believe that by maximizing student motivation, we can foster a lifelong love of learning.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Prodigy Education is currently hiring Senior Data Developer Jobs in Toronto, ON, Canada with average base salary of Can$80,000 - Can$140,000 / Year.