Posted on:24 Nov 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Berkeley, CA, USA
Data Science Internship
Degree in Computer Engineering, Masters degree, Degree in Computer Science, Degree in Data Science, PhD Degree, Degree in Mathematics, Degree in Statistics, Degree in Physics, Degree in Biology, Degree in Chemistry
Analytical and Problem solving, Apache, Apache Airflow, Data Engineering, Docker, Kubernetes-K8s, NumPy, Pandas, Python Programming, Scikit-learn, SciPy, SQL
Working at Climax Foods:
We believe in the power of data. Not only in how we are reinventing food, but also in how we work together, hire, and recruit. We put people first. The data is clear that a culture of belonging through inclusive and equitable policies, practices, and structures leads to the most innovative teams. We welcome applications from individuals from every unique background. We also believe that compensating fairly is critical to making our company sustainable, equitable, and inclusive.
About this role:
As a Data Scientist/Engineering Intern, you will develop analyses or infrastructure to support and inform research and product development. Work is carried out in a highly collaborative environment across multiple interdisciplinary teams (Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Data Science, Engineering, Food Science, and Product Development). Your contributions will enable us to accelerate our discovery for tastier plant-based products while informing our business decisions.
- Currently enrolled as a student in a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate program
- Available to be on-site at Berkeley, CA, USA for a paid internship term (6-8 weeks). Fall, Summer, Winter, and Spring are available. You'll designate your availability in the form.
- Majoring in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or similar
- Fluency in the Python scientific data science stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas) OR fluency with data engineering technologies (SQL, Apache Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think out of the box.
- Strong passion for alternative protein and replacing animal agriculture
- Bonus: Scientific expertise in microbiology, analytical chemistry, texture, protein, or food science
Cover Letter Instructions
In no more than 250 words, tell us the following:
- Describe a data science or engineering project that you're most proud of. What was the problem that you were trying to solve and how did you solve it?
- Tell us why you want to work at Climax Foods
Climax Foods is a data science company innovating the future of food. It has developed sophisticated machine intelligence tools to unlock smarter paths from plants to products, creating a new generation of plant-based foods that will out-compete animal-based predecessors.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Climax Foods is currently hiring Data Science Internship Jobs in Berkeley, CA, USA with average base salary of $110,000-$120,000 per year.