The Senior Data Science Analyst is a part of the Analytics Center of Excellence and plays a key role in building and maintaining machine learning models, The Senior Data Science Analyst works closely with senior leadership to understand their needs and assess how they can be met through specific analyses. This role will be intricately involved in running machine learning experiments in a methodical manner and evaluating alternate models in areas that help maximize the success of students enrolled into many programs offered under various Adtalem brands.
- Selects and manages features, builds and optimizes classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Performs data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Leverages third party sources of information to enhance data models.
- Creates and manages data collection procedures to ensure information is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Ensures the integrity of data used for analysis and models.
- Identifies analytic needs and requirements of the institutions by working closely with senior management; projects may include: root cause/regression analyses; benchmarking and best practice identification; financial and business impact of key initiatives and new ideas and external market analyses.
- Works within cross-functional and cross-institution project teams to solve business problems.
- Translates analytic findings into simple, actionable, and practical solutions and recommendations.
- Synthesizes recommendations into management-ready presentations with recommended actions.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- MBA or advanced degree (in an area such as Operations, Econometrics, or Statistics) and management consulting/professional service experience are desirable.
- Minimum of Five (5) to Seven (7) years of advancedanalytics/machine learning work experience.
- Strong data-orientation with the ability to process ambiguous and/or seemingly conflicting data or information to create “one version of the truth.”
- Ability to work in a dynamic and cross-functional environment, where multiple conflicting objectives need to be prioritized and achieved.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including influencing and consensus building.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Excellence in one of the data science toolkits, such as Python, SPSS, and R.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Must have proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Must have experience with databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
Adtalem Global Education Inc.
Adtalem Global Education Inc. is an American corporation based in Chicago, Illinois, that operates several for-profit higher education institutions, including American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University.