AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the internal security stakeholdersto understand the use-cases and identify focus areas with the highest potential for impact.
- Define and analyze metrics(in risk quantification particularly) that will in-turn inform the key drivers for decision making & operational efficiencies.
- Analyze large amounts of messy data, work on data quality, uncover actionable security insights and present them in a compelling manner.
- Provide technical & thought leadershipdesigning and implementing machine learning techniques.
- Participate in all stages of ideation, developing and deploying ML modelsin production to improve Snowflake's security posture.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High levels of curiosityand eager enthusiasm for open-ended problems
- Experience and interest in problem formulation based on relatively abstractinformation
- 7+ years experience applying machine learningor statistical modeling on large-scale datasets
- Deep understanding of the basic classes of ML algorithms, also the underlying assumptions
- 5+ years experience writing production quality scalable code using Pythonto build machine learning or statistical modeling on large-scale datasets
- Expert level knowledge working with Python and ML librariessuch as scikit-learn, pandas, etc., SQL and Airflow
- Ability to articulate results and complex concepts to leadership
- Preferably, prior experience applying ML to security, risk quantification, and ISRM (Information security risk management) in general.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake Inc. is a cloud computing-based data warehousing company based in Bozeman, Montana. It was founded in July 2012 and was publicly launched in October 2014 after two years in stealth mode. The company's name was chosen as a tribute to the founders' love of winter sports.
The firm offers a cloud-based data storage and analytics service, generally termed data warehouse-as-a-service. It allows corporate users to store and analyze data.
No. of Employees
Bozeman, Montana, USA