Jupyter Notebook, MicroStrategy, Python Programming, SDLC, Zeppelin
Senior MicroStrategy Developer
Can you tell a story with data? Do you understand how and which KPIs contribute to a company’s success? Are you analytically minded? Quality focused? An excellent communicator?
We’re looking for a highly skilled BI Professional with extensive MicroStrategy experience who wants to contribute to the growth of one of the world’s fastest growing social networks. You'll join a team of seasoned BI professionals with scope to expand into all areas of the platform and business. You will be working on a number of exciting and innovative projects as well as shaping our day to day operations. The BI department offers the chance to collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Analysts and Database developers with opportunities to gain or enhance skills across a number of other BI tools such as Python, Jupyter, Zeppelin. Microstrategy is used across the business to democratise data but we understand it’s a means to an end. Our sole focus is to understand data, shape, design and build actionable solutions which drive faster decision making. you can turn your technical skills into tangible business value we’d love to hear from you.
- MicroStrategy Administration: make recommendations for security role setup and project, I-server and web configuration settings to optimise for performance e.g. element caching, cube build, web
- MicroStrategy Schema Development: develop database and MicroStrategy logical views to extend DB and MicroStrategy schema capability. Work with ETL team to design and deliver structures which are optimised for MicroStrategy use
- Reports/Documents/Dashboards development: build reports, dashboards with minimal requirements and maximum performance. Understand the user experience when designing dashboards, and introduce new features and best practices to drive change amongst the user base. Create documentation dashboards centralising all project wide documentation; Warehouse docs, MSTR training guides, style guides, templates
- Provide support and training to users within the business: deliver MicroStrategy 10.4 (Unix) certified training - Reporting Essentials, Advanced Reporting, Project Design Essentials
- Drive change in the business through innovative analytical dashboards and build capability amongst MicroStrategy users allowing them to work more efficiently, and continually identify opportunities to improve all aspects of the team’s SDLC process
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Highly analytical with a deep understanding of business KPIs and contributions to defining them.
- Ability to define, gather, understand and challenge requirements.
- Experience of integrating third party visualizations in Microstrategy
- Experience of platform analytics
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management and stakeholder management skills.
- Comfortable with full autonomy and decision making skills.
- Ability to deliver on time whilst also juggling high priority unplanned work and/or production issues.
- Open to constructive feedback, a keen listener, empathetic of others but steadfast for facts.
- Able to build trust, networks and create relationships in dependent teams.
- Ability to create performant and compelling analytical dashboards with a deep understanding of a user’s analytical workflow.
- Improver/innovator mindset, contributing ideas to improve the platform, team, department and wider organisation.
- Attention to detail and strong focus on Quality Assurance.
- Practical experience following SDLC and iterative development processes
- Proven experience of database/data model design
- Proven experience of SQL to an expert level
- Extensive experience of MicroStrategy experience with leaning to Architect
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Analytical/Business background e.g. Data Analyst, Business Analyst, QA
- Experience of leading small/medium BI Projects
- MSTR User administration - working knowledge of ACLs and Security Filters
- Knowledge of administering Unix machines
- Experience in performing platform upgrades/hotfixes
- Experience in using Exasol/Python/MSTR API/SDK
Submit your applications at Bumble
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app.
No. of Employees
Austin, TX, USA