Microsoft-Excel, Java Programming, Analytical and Problem solving, Leadership, Python Programming, SQL, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, Data Analytics, R Programming, Large data sets, Powerpoint
Responsible for enabling analysis, modeling, and optimization through producing information products. Involved in the research and development efforts. Primary requirement is not related to traditional programming or systems analysis skills, but to the ability to support the creation of sophisticated, value-added analytic systems that support revenue generation, risk management, operational efficiency, regulatory compliance, portfolio management, and research. These systems must overcome issues of complex data (e.g., VLDB, multi-structured, big data, etc.) as well as deployment of advanced techniques (e.g., machine learning, text mining, statistical analysis, etc.) to deliver insights. This role often possesses a degree in hard science or another heavy quantitative business or social discipline. Able to work independently or in a team on complex projects.
This Data Scientist role will support the Global Market Operation, Intelligence Process Automation team, focusing on model data support, and will be responsible for enabling analysis, modeling, and optimization by contributing to strategic design and production efforts. The role also involves idea generation and application of advanced techniques towards complex data system and process challenges including document digitization, machine learning, statistical analysis, and E2E transformation.
- 2+ Years’ Experience in machine learning model development and Python coding with troubleshooting skills
- Individual contributor role practicing and enabling data science at Bank of America
- Expert in data analytics, mining, manipulation, aggregation, integration, and reporting
- Prototype, test and iterate through model development lifecycle and explore opportunities for data acquisition
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to own/understand a process from end-to-end, be able to identify weaknesses in the process and identify and implement solutions / automations, be able to challenge others on the facts of the process
- Must be detail oriented (e.g. ability to identify anomalies within large sets of data and track multiple action items in detail)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information into messages targeted to various levels of leadership as well accurately interpret communications from model governance
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple competing activities
- Takes initiative and demonstrates focused desire to drive improvements vs. relying on “status quo”
- Must be able to deliver accurate results with limited direction and supervision
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented with strong desire to succeed
- Must be able to work with technical teams and translate technical concepts to business audiences
- Must be able to work well in collaborative team environment, but also independently
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Program management skills
- Advanced Degree in a STEM discipline like computer science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics etc
- 2+ years of professional experience as a data scientist or related roles within the bank
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Ability to navigate enterprise data assets across multiple domains
- Strong attention to detail and curiosity about data anomalies
- Ability to collaborate within and between cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
Global Markets Operation Technology at Bank of America:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
- 1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Bank of America
The Bank of America Corporation is an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The bank was founded in San Francisco, and took its present form when NationsBank of Charlotte acquired it in 1998. t is the second-largest banking institution in the United States, after JPMorgan Chase, and the second largest bank in the world by market capitalization.