Stitch Fix’s Merchandise engineering team is looking for a bright, driven, and kind Lead Software Engineer to join our team to help us evolve our product data and internal merchandise tools to enable business expansion. We build software with modern techniques like continuous delivery, test-driven development, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. Our tools primarily support and enhance the decisions of our buyers, planners, and warehouse associates who work with us to create the new future of inventory.
You will also be responsible for planning, building, and maintaining features and software in support of that future. Building valuable and sustainable software is a group activity. You will work within a distributed team of 4-6 software engineers and cross-functional partners including product, design, algorithms, etc. You're expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners. You will need to know when and how to listen to, influence, coach, share with, advocate to, and lead others.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the personalization Stitch Fix is known for. We love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Stitch Fix is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team - leading meetings, attending ceremonies, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution, etc.
- Collaborating with stakeholders while leading the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of complex and/or critical projects within the team or across multiple engineering teams.
- Model consistently delivering sustainable results against measurable goals.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, timely feedback, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- Actively invest in the professional development and career growth of your teammates and peers.
- Framing business problems using high-quality data analysis and empirical evidence for leadership.
- Finding new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Influencing other engineers toward right-sized solutions.
- Owning and prioritizing the team’s technical backlog.
- Participating in on-call rotations and improving the on-call experience for others.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience with building and scaling microservice architectures at scale (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Golang, Postgres, Redis, Node, React, Authentication).
- 1+ years of experience in technical leadership - including driving technical decisions and guiding broader project goals.
- You are
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- You can break down work into incremental parts to develop in partnership with other engineers on your team.
- Might have experience working remotely alongside a distributed software engineering team.
- Might have experience with schema design, systems integration, and messaging
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES...
- Ruby / Rails
- RabbitMQ / Kafka
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company.
- Are a technological and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
Stitch Fix, Inc.
Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service in the United States and United Kingdom. It uses recommendation algorithms and data science to personalize clothing items based on size, budget and style. The company was founded in 2011 and had an initial public offering in 2017 with a valuation of $1.6 billion.