This is a fully remote position with the expectation of working East Coast hours.
Phreesia is looking for a collaborative and hands-on Lead Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science Team. You will be joining a team of especially creative, humorous, detail-oriented, and supportive coworkers, all passionate about data and improving patient access to healthcare and patient outcomes. You will be responsible for building data products for internal consumption, near real-time business intelligence tools, and predictive models to enhance existing products or support new strategic initiatives. This role will report directly to the Associate Director of Data Science and will collaborate with dedicated Data Engineers and Data Analysts on the Data Science team.
Does this sound like you?
You have strong analytical and technical skills and are familiar with the entire lifecycle of a data science project, from data exploration, modeling and analysis, to model selection, validation, evaluation, and deployment. You have experience in and a passion for supporting and leading other Data Scientists or Analysts and would enjoy managing a pod of 2-3 Data Scientists as well as be an independent contributor. You are experienced in partnering with business stakeholders, translating their needs into technical solutions and answers, and in leading technical teams to build and deliver those solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and support a pod of 2-3 Data Scientists and participate in strategic planning
- Leverage Phreesia’s massive and ever-growing dataset to build data products that provide actionable business insights
- Design and execute experiments to test targeted engagement strategies and product features and further optimize these strategies and features through modeling, forecasting, and evaluation
- Write clean, well-tested, code that will stand the test of time and develop methods to efficiently classify and characterize patient populations
- Navigate and use diverse machine learning stacks in Python and R
- Leverage services in AWS to ingest, explore, analyze, and model large datasets
- Use NLP techniques to parse, process, and structure textual data
- Quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches
- Build customized dashboards for external and internal clients, collaborating with different stakeholders across Phreesia including the Product Management, Analytics & Insights, Research, Other Development teams
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in an operational Data Science role
- 2+ years of experience managing other Data Scientists or technical teams
- Professional command of Data Science and Machine Learning toolsets in Python (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit-learn), and strong SQL skills with large datasets
- MS/MA in a quantitative field such as data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, computational linguistics, physics, or relevant equivalent professional experience
- Experience in using statistical principles to inform decision making (experimental design, significance tests, a/b testing) and collaborating with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to propose, test, validate, evaluate, and deploy Machine Learning models
- Ability to organize, visualize, and present complex data in a way that tells a compelling story and drives decision making
- Experience contributing production-level code using version control
- Experience using Apache Spark (specifically pyspark) as well as AWS services including S3, EMR, Glue, SageMaker, Redshift, and Athena
Nice to Have:
- Experience with R as well as using web frameworks such as Python Flask or R Shiny (dplyr, tidyverse, ggplot)
- Experience using Docker or other containerization frameworks
- Experience using Apache Airflow, Jenkins for CI/CD, Graph and/or search databases (e.g. neo4j, elasticsearch)
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re looking for smart and passionate people to help drive our mission of creating a better, more engaging healthcare experience. We’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in an ever-evolving landscape by transforming the way healthcare is delivered. Our SaaS platform digitizes appointment check-in and offers tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing, and enhance clinical care.
Phreesia cares about our employees by providing a diverse and dynamic work environment. We’re a five-time winner of Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award and we’ve been recognized on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. We are dedicated to continuously improving our employee experience by launching new programs and initiatives. If you thrive in a culture of recognition, value inclusivity, professional development, and growth opportunities, Phreesia could be a great fit!
Top-rated Employee Benefits:
- 100% Remote work + home office expense reimbursements
- Competitive compensation + equity grants for all employees
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Monthly allowance for cell phone + internet + wellness
- 100% Paid 12-week parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Variety of insurance coverage for people (and pets!)
- Continuing education and professional certification reimbursement
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.
Phreesia, Inc. is a software as a service company that offers healthcare organizations a set of applications to automate and manage patient intake. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Phreesia employs approximately 1400 people across the United States and Canada.
No. of Employees
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA