Posted on:21 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a biotech company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re looking for Cheminformaticians to use their interdisciplinary background in chemistry and computer science to engineer novel drug candidates. At Reverie, Cheminformaticians are critical members of our therapeutic project teams, and collaborate closely with data scientists, computational chemists and medicinal chemists to achieve drug discovery objectives. We are looking for mission-driven individuals that are eager to use computational tools to directly impact programs from screening to clinical candidate nomination.
Do the following sound challenging and fun to you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Using tools like RDKit, Openeye, Amber, and other computational chemistry packages to address specific therapeutic program needs.
- Visualizing program structure-activity relationships and aiding medicinal chemists in hypothesis generation around compound activity
- Developing Jupyter notebooks to analyze a variety of molecular datasets, using software to extract drug discovery insights like activity cliffs, selectivity hypotheses, and predicted binding modes.
- Collaborating with software engineers to develop novel tools for generating compound ideas.
- Harnessing massive-scale computational to enumerate and evaluate potential molecules for synthesis.
- Working closely with medicinal chemists to select compounds for synthesis every week.
- Developing tools to aid the project team in conducting structure-based drug design
We don’t have a hard set of background requirements, but we highly value skills and experience in the following areas:
Chemistry-related programming skills:
- 2+ years experience building tools with widely-used chemistry packages like RDKit, Openeye, etc, especially in python.
- Expert level knowledge of compound and protein visualization tools like PyMol. Non-python tools like R are also valued.
- We are looking for applicants with 3+ years of industry experience or deep technical expertise (ideally PhD level) in an academic setting.
- Most importantly, an eagerness to learn new skills, wear many hats, and collaborate closely with a growing team of people
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a biotech company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re looking for Senior Data Scientists to dive headfirst into our varied data sources, including both external and in-house data, and build tools, visualizations, and analyses that enable our team to create life-saving cures.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Reverie Labs is currently hiring Senior Scientist Jobs in Cambridge, MA, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.