Posted on:13 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, Database, C Programming, SQL, REST API, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, Jupyter Notebook, MATLAB Programming, Tableau, Amazon Athena, R Programming, HBase, R-Shiny, C# Programming, VR/AR frameworks
The EDE (Equipment Development Engineering) organization is responsible for delivering the mechanics, electronics, and software used in the production of Seagate storage products.
About the role - you will:
- With over ~6500+ MDWx machines alone (not including other equipment platforms), SFE/CATE generates a sizeable amount of production and R&D data. As part of the Industry 4.0 revolution, develop tools, and code to enable SFE/CATE to extract as much learning and value from its production data. Ensure that the data is available to all customers that require it and develop common tools for accessing the data (Python REST for example).
- Working with both SFE/CATE customers and internal R&D teams, develop software and data solutions that can extract, analyze and deliver results from equipment datasets as fast as possible.
- Coordinate with the design and architecture team members as well as FIS, IT, and OTAAG to develop complete solutions through the equipment data lifecycle. Ensure that all stakeholders are coordinated when new features or data become available. Become familiar with all platforms that consume the data (EDCS, EDW, R Shiny, Apache H Base, custom engineering tools and more).
- Work with the design teams to ensure the design of data throughout the data lifecycle on SFE/CATE equipment. Data generation -> aggregation -> consumption -> feed forward. Ensure that the format of the data can easily transposed through different tools and various front ends; data visualization (Tableau), data analysis (Python Jupyter Notebooks), and AI/ML (Athena).
- Develop user interfaces to enhance use and interaction with equipment as well engagement and exploration of equipment data. This can include web technologies as well as desktop software written in a variety of platforms including C/C++/C#/Python.
- Develop reusable software tools and frameworks that can be leveraged across EDE equipment platforms.
- Bachelors Degree in data science, computer science, software engineering or other relevant discipline
- Requirements solicitation and user engagement
- Design and concept development based around high level needs of the business
- Data analysis and processing
- JMP, Matlab, SciLab, or equivalent experience
- Tableau (beneficial but not required)
- Software development skills
- Version control and issue tracking
- Database development (beneficial but not required)
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning (beneficial but not required)
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
Our Woodlands site is one of the largest electronics manufacturing sites in Singapore, housing our recording media operations. Spread over three sites, it is easily accessible via bus or from the MRT Station, with many employees taking mass-transportation to work. Ample free on-site parking is also available. Here at work, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at our on-site canteen and coffee shop. We offer a range of facilities including an in-house gym and dance studio, as well as after-work badminton and table tennis competitions. On-site celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound. Don’t miss our Lunar New Year Lion Dance performance or our Seagate’s Got Talent event.
Seagate Technology Holdings plc
Seagate Technology Holdings plc is an American data storage company. It was incorporated in 1978 as Shugart Technology and commenced business in 1979. Since 2010, the company has been incorporated in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Fremont, California, United States.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Seagate Technology Holdings plc is currently hiring Software Development Jobs in Singapore with average base salary of S$24,000 - S$51,000 / Year.