Posted on:29 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia Group (EG) Marketplace and Commerce Data Science team is looking for a Senior Director of Data Science in Seattle who will be accountable for building up and expanding advanced analytics and data science capabilities that empowers EG’s e-commerce platform.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee both the analytics and machine learning science teams for EG’s e-commerce platform. Use data to measure and improve traveler experience, reduce friction, and protect the business. Own analytics and data science strategy, roadmap and OKRs for e-commerce technology.
- Expand analytics coverage to all e-commerce technology domains (cart, loyalty, ordering services and checkout) that enable comprehensive understanding of traveler behavior and transaction character.
- Develop robust analytics framework for KPIs. Not only describe what happened, but also predict what will happen and prescribe actions.
- Oversee the efforts on building machine learning models that power the platform (e.g., fraud detection, traveler experience score, performance forecasting, next best action determination, etc.)
- Be a champion and collaborator with data governance, product management and engineering leadership to ensure that the e-commerce platform is collecting and producing right data events and high-quality data for data analytics and science work.
- Be a strong influencer to data platform teams so that analytics platform, feature/attribute stores and machine learning platform have the necessary capabilities to successfully execute on data science ana analytics goals.
- Recruit, hire, and train a world class team of data scientists, machine learning scientists, and data engineers.
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator that can bridge between a wide range of stakeholders (technical and non-technical).
- Include consciously and develop trust with stakeholders. Proven ability to develop win-win partnerships with internal and cross-functional peers, with a specific history partnering successfully with product management and engineering teams.
- Go Get What’s Next. Both a visionary and executor who drives initiatives and programs across the finish line.
- Force simplicity. Experienced in scaling analytics and/or externalizing data insights as a product.
- Experienced in hiring, managing, and mentoring a global team of analytics, data science and data engineering leaders.
- Experienced in e-Commerce systems with large-scale traffic and revenue. Familiarity with both transaction and clickstream data.
- Proficiency in statistics, big data technologies, digital analytics, data and machine learning science.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience.
Expedia Group, Inc.
Expedia Group, Inc. is an American online travel shopping company for consumer and small business travel. Its websites, which are primarily travel fare aggregators and travel metasearch engines, include Expedia.com, Vrbo (previously HomeAway), Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, trivago and CarRentals.com.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Expedia Group, Inc. is currently hiring Senior Director of Data Science Jobs in Seattle, WA, USA with average base salary of $190,000 - $300,000 / Year.