Posted on:29 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Data Scientist III, Product Analytics
Are you passionate about data, analytics, and working with top talent to tackle complex problems? If you’re motivated about making an immediate impact on re-imaging travel by gleaning insightful recommendations that drive improvements, we want to speak to you!
We are seeking an experienced analytics professional to join our Product Analytics & Experimentation Team, supporting a brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. This will be a mid-level individual contributor role partnering with product managers and focusing on user experience optimization. This role will be supporting key business decisions throughout the product development lifecycle that improves the user experience for millions of travelers. This will involve uncovering customer friction points, hypothesis generation and prioritization, experimentation design, valid and impartial test analysis, and recommendations. If you are a self-starter and have shown success in using analytics to drive the innovation and user engagement of a product, this position is for you.
What you’ll do:
- Be familiar with Python, Scala or R, or any other major machine learning programming language
- Extract data from multiple data sources and combine into the required datasets for model building or analytics
- Apply supervised machine learning theory and techniques
- You will apply a range of common statistical methods to business problems determining the ideal method for the problem considering underlying assumptions
- Understand limitations of selected methods and both frequentist and Bayesian statistics
- Solidly understand hypothesis testing
- Design complex experiments and apply common methods such as linear and non-linear aggression, multivariate analysis
- Display advanced domain (i.e., travel, online retail) knowledge, business acumen (understanding the underlying business objectives) and critical reasoning skills
- Challenges business processes recommending and developing solutions to meet unique business needs and achieve objectives
- Know and apply data visualization principles consistently resulting in clear and consistent outcomes
- Understand and make recommendations on processes, objectives, and challenges and their impact on the business
- Influence action and results, through clear writing, in an accessible way for a wide audience
- Structure presentations around a clear narrative and is concise in what's included
- Present clearly and engagingly and anticipates questions
- Have an extensive experience of big data architecture (streaming events, data lakes, analytics engines) and relational database models as it relates to analytics
- Display advanced domain (i.e. travel, online retail) knowledge, business acumen (understanding the underlying business objectives), curiosity and critical reasoning skills
- Pick analytically valid approaches, appropriate in terms of level of effort, favoring iterative delivery that solves for the objective, not the ask (i.e. not just order-taking)
- Use advanced and sophisticated understanding of the business problem space to inform the design of the solution
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Science, Statistics or in a related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience
- A high performing individual contributor who consistently applies - and sometimes enhances - the analytics capabilities, principles and playbooks to solve complex business issues and opportunities
- Operates largely independently and mentors more junior colleagues
- Develops and drives significant and sustained change and performance improvement from data-driven insights in a number of different areas or contexts
- Builds and maintains a data science project/product in production environments
Expedia Group, Inc.
Expedia Group, Inc. is an American online travel shopping company for consumer and small business travel. Its websites, which are primarily travel fare aggregators and travel metasearch engines, include Expedia.com, Vrbo (previously HomeAway), Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, trivago and CarRentals.com.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Expedia Group, Inc. is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Seattle, WA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.