The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
In a world increasingly shaped by machine learning, it is crucial for data platforms of the future to easily integrate with the machine learning (ML) ecosystem and provide native tools for Machine Learning and AI. We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager to drive MongoDB’s long term machine learning roadmap in our quest to power the world's most innovative products pushing the boundaries of scale, performance and reliability.
The ideal candidate has a background in Computer Science with experience in building machine learning platforms, in-database machine learning and/or using machine learning for database tuning, query planning and storage optimization.
- Identify near term opportunities to make machine learning easier and more productive on MongoDB data
- Define the long term roadmap to make MongoDB the best data platform for machine learning driven workloads
- Identify opportunities and drive partnerships with established machine learning platforms
- Define personas for ML workflows (e.g. model training, ML Ops), internalize their use cases and requirements, through customer research, market research and product metrics, become the customer advocate for the engineering team
- Write detailed specifications that define functional and non-functional product requirements for machine learning features
- Drive collaboration across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and executive leadership
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, pricing and technical documentation
- Work with adjacent products to ensure each initiative delivers maximum impact to customers across our data platform
- 5+ years of experience working in the software industry as a product manager with at least 2 years spent in developing machine learning platforms, in-database machine learning capabilities and/or using machine learning for database tuning, query planning and storage optimization.
- Solid technical skills — our users are developers, DBA's, SysAdmins, etc. and for this particular role will include data scientists and data engineers. Our product managers must be just as technical and have working knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, you should be comfortable diving into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, logs, performance tracing, triaging bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- B.Sc. in technical discipline, Computer Science preferred
Nice to have
- Demonstrated success in leading a platform product in machine learning space
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in relevant domain
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the stakeholders you will be managing
- At the end of 9 months using that understanding you’ll have built a machine learning roadmap that engineering team can execute on
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, MongoDB has more than 31,000 customers in over 100 countries. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 210 million times and there have been more than 1.5 million registrations for MongoDB University courses.
No. of Employees
New York City, NY, USA