Senior Staff Data Scientist
About our group:
- The Operations & Technology Advanced Analytics Group work for initiative helping our internal customers turn the data they have into the information they need to develop and deliver industry-leading storage solutions.
About the role - you will:
Senior Staff Data Scientist:
- Deliver advanced analytics solutions in the area of deep learning and machine learning.
- Apply Deep Learning, Time Series Analysis, NLP, XGBoost, Autoencoder, Keras and Tensorflow to provide predictive analytics solutions and extract actionable insights.
- Develop Deep Learning models to solve business problems.
- Leverage and/or develop innovative data mining and machine learning methods to solve novel and diverse business problems.
- Quantify the effectiveness and value of innovations with subject matter experts.
- Lead projects independently until results meet the internal stakeholder requirements.
- Be the subject matter expert and mentor other data scientist.
- Ability to teach in our analytics upskilling program and coach participants when required.
- Data science/Machine Learning evangelist and an assessor in promoting new ways of diving into complex issues while assessing current practices and identifying areas where training or knowledge would help.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are skills you possess.
- Self-starter with the ability to drive initiatives and influence.
- The ability to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- A collaborative attitude and a global mindset with an ability to work well with native and non-native English speakers.
- Able to participate in conference calls outside of regular local work hours.
- Fast learning capability.
- Ability to drive initiatives and influence.
Your experience includes:
Senior Staff Data Scientist:
- More than 10 years of experience in Python (and basic ML libraries), and SQL.
- Proficient in git version control. Experience working in an agile environment.
- Solid technical knowledge and hands-on skills in machine learning engineering, deep learning, statistical algorithms, data mining, and data structures.
- Hands-on experience in solving analytics problems related to complex time-series data and/or text data.
- Experience in working with HDD cert log and cert data.
- Thesis or research experience in topics related to natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning would be a plus.
- Proven record of accomplishment in delivering analytics solutions using TensorRT, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, and CNN.
- Understanding of containerization, CI/CD, RESTful web services, web applications, and dashboard development.
- Ability to participate in conference calls outside of regular local work hours.
The Shugart site (named after Seagate's founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Ample free on-site parking is also available. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. Our yogo and zumba classes are very popular. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore
Seagate Technology Holdings plc
Seagate Technology Holdings plc is an American data storage company. It was incorporated in 1978 as Shugart Technology and commenced business in 1979. Since 2010, the company has been incorporated in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Fremont, California, United States.