Posted on:10 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Senior Data Engineer
- Work as a part of a team of engineers, stewards, scientists, project managers and business stakeholders designing data processing, storage and delivery solutions for geospatial and multi-temporal domains such as environmental, phenotyping, remote sensing, imagery, geopolitical, and operational data and processes;
- Evaluate new technologies, Domino or Redshift, or new languages, like Go or React, including POCs.?
- Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to IT solutions through partnering with Product Managers and business and functional IT stakeholders., and apply this knowledge to identifying business problems that could be solved;
- Implement data solutions according to design documentation using a variety of tools and programming languages, like Kafka, SQL and non-SQL databases, Scala, Python, Go etc., and following team’s established processes and methodologies, like SCRUM or Kanban.?
- Participate in code reviews, retrospectives, functional and integration testing and other team activities focused on improving quality of delivery.?
- Collaborate with other data engineers and data stewards within the team and across data, technical platforms and product teams on aligning delivery dates and integration efforts.?
- Represent the team at various cross team meetings and events focused on design and planning, like Scrum of Scrums and Release Planning, sharing the results of team efforts, or brainstorming on process improvements.?
- Create and maintain design and code documentation in GitHub, Haystack, SharePoint and/or other repositories used by the team.?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field. 4 years of relevant experience is an acceptable substitute for the degree requirement.
- Experience engineering data intensive software using streaming and/or resource based design principles?
- Demonstrated understanding of data architecture and modeling, including designing both logical and physical models for datasets?
- Exposure to writing queries and building data structures in relational databases such as (but not limited to) Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.?
- Knowledge of at least one NoSQL database such as (but not limited to) Neo4j, Cassandra, etc. ?
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment?
- Background working with geospatial data such as: geophysical soil sensing, remote sensing, weather, hydrology, open source frameworks;
- Desired exposure to or experience with:?
- Machine learning or other data science practices?
- Agriculture, life sciences, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, biology, or a related disciplines?
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring programme
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod grusz?”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
- New & exciting open office space coming in Spring ‘22
Bayer AG is a German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Headquartered in Leverkusen, Bayer's areas of business include pharmaceuticals; consumer healthcare products, agricultural chemicals, seeds and biotechnology products. The company is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Bayer is currently hiring Senior Data Engineer Jobs in Mazowieckie, Poland with average base salary of zł70,000 - zł170,000 / Year.