We are looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer who is adept at building data pipelines that can source, clean, and normalize data at scale and who has the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver solutions at a fast pace as well as apply software engineering and DevOps best practices leading to highly automated Data Engineering environments and highly efficient Data Engineering teams.
- Designing and implementing data transformation, ingestion and curation functions on cloud platforms like GCP/ Azure/ AWS, using cloud native or custom programming.
- Designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python etc.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Performing detail assessments of current state data platforms and creating an appropriate transition path to GCP cloud
- Analyzing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on the cloud
- Optimizing data pipelines for performance and cost for large scale data lakes/ data meshes.
- Recent Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, other related field, preferred. Advanced technical degree is a major plus.
- Less than 2 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge or experience with Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred .
- Knowledge or experience with SQL & Python preferred .
- Familiarity with all stages of the product development cycle preferred
- Understanding of engineering best practices, including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing preferred
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Pragmatic, product-oriented approach.
- Agile development skills and experience.
- Past experience in the Healthcare industry and knowledge of clinical data preferred
- Delivery of related information software solutions such as data warehouses and integration platforms preferred
Cardinal Health, Inc. is an American multinational health care services company, and the 14th highest revenue generating company in the United States. Its headquarters are based in Dublin, Ohio and Dublin, Ireland (EMEA). The company specializes in the distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products, serving more than 100,000 locations. The company also manufactures medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel, and fluid