*** Must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states to be eligible for hire: New York, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Texas, Washington***
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan - to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
Bitly is seeking a mission-driven and relentlessly curious Data Analyst with a strong technical background and experience developing SaaS products and solutions that solve critical customer pain points. As a Data Analyst - Trust & Safety, you will leverage data to help protect our users from abusive content and promote a community of trust. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits is crucial.
Who You'll Do
- Illuminate abuse threats and trends and inform effective strategies to prevent or disrupt abuse at scale
- Leverage data to deliver answers backed by thoughtful analysis
- Articulate results and strategic options and recommendations to leadership - be a data story-teller
- Design, build and maintain dashboards that executives, managers and ICs can use for reporting and insights
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and help shape and define product vision and strategy for the entire company in collaboration with Trust & Safety team
- Take a data-driven approach in defining success metrics, prioritizing requirements, and communicating plans, progress and success
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience supporting a technology organization with a strong background working in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- Have a proven track record of leveraging data-driven insights to deliver business results
- Very strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience working in agile environments
- Ability to work with limited direction across multiple projects -- self-starter personality is a must
- Comfort diving into large, complex datasets with little or no documentation
- Ability to develop complex SQL queries and visualize results
- Strong eye for data visualization and telling stories using data
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from ideation through execution
- A customer centric mindset and an empathy for the humans behind the numbers
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
- Expert writing SQL and/or a good understanding of statistical languages e.g. R / Python
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers' success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a $500 home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches (when our offices reopen)
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents
If based in Colorado/New York, the annual cash compensation range for this position is $110,000 - $120,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.
Bitly is a URL shortening service and a link management platform. The company Bitly, Inc. was established in 2008. It is privately held and based in New York City. Bitly shortens 600 million links per month, for use in social networking, SMS, and email.
No. of Employees
New York, NY, USA