We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to organize, scale and maintain the data engineering team responsible for Ramp’s data infrastructure, according to Ramp’s business goals; working together with Analysts, Data Scientists, Product, Design and other teams. Data team works closely with many Product Areas such as End-User, Partners, Business Operations (e.g. Anti Money Laundering (e.g. KYC, KYT, Name Screening); Fraud prevention rulesets; Treasury) and on Ramp’s business KPIs.
Your future work will include:
- Organize, scale and maintain the data engineering team (both in people and data),
- Team management (taking care of your team’s growth and development),
- You will be an active specialist among your colleagues, working closely with code on daily basis,
- Provide technical expertise for Senior Data Engineers in data infrastructure improvements and maintenance,
- You will take care of data infrastructure, in particular: data ingestions, core data transformations, setting the rules of the game in Data Warehouse, managing data pipelines stability and performance,
- Create a strategical roadmap to enable business continuity,
- Create and update team strategy, aligned with Data strategy and Ramp business goals.
Tech stack: Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, dbt (Data Biuld Tool), Terraform, Hex.app (exploratory analysis), Looker, Github.
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Solid and proven experience in a leadership position,
- Experience in creating from the scratch, scaling and maintaining both teams and processes,
- At least 5 years of experience in Data Engineering oriented roles,
- Technical experience in creating, scaling and maintaining data infrastructure
- Exceptional SQL skills; hands-on experience with at least one other programming language (preferably Python).
You will earn extra points for:
- Blockchain or fintech-related experience,
- Experience with Data build tool in Google Cloud Platform,
- Previous working experience in a startup environment.
- 30 000 - 40 000 B2B net on an invoice - or equivalent on employment contract
- stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 26+ fully paid holidays (or more if you need it)
comfy workspace located in Warsaw, Wroclaw and London; work from home is also an option,
private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- self-development and conference budget to help you grow,
- annual company retreat,
- English lessons,
- making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership (you will be the second person in the recruitment team).
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
Our mission is to make crypto easy. Ramp offers an SDK/APIs suite that lets your users buy crypto straight from your app.