HOW YOU'LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
ACS Analytics/Process Engineering Co-Op work with a team of Industrial Engineers and Data Analysts on multiple projects to:
- Measure and analyze current station performance, staffing, and resource allocation
- Develop automated reports in SAS, Python, Tableau, PowerBI, PowerApps
- Provide process engineering and internal consulting services
- Participate in data collection efforts for projects that impact cross-functional departments
- Identify and implement improvements to existing processes to increase efficiency, productivity, and performance
- Recommend ideas for new ways to provide optimal customer service
- Evaluate impact of proposed operational changes
- Streamlining new hire onboarding, training, and scheduling processes; participate in hiring events as needed
- You will be able to learn from full-time Industrial Engineers and Data Analysts. They will mentor you and provide you with professional development tools, knowledge sharing, and industry specific best practices. Additionally, you will gain the opportunity to apply your textbook knowledge through the application of statistical analysis, process flow analysis, simulation, and databases.
- In addition to the rewards of working for one of the world's top companies, you will also be able to see the world through our worldwide travel privileges.
Students must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 3 year university and able to work the below semesters (deferring classes)
- Fall 2022
- Summer 2023
- Spring 2024
- (must graduate May 2024 or later)
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business or similar quantitate discipline
- Experience with SAS, SQL or other programming languages is highly desired
- Must be a strong team player, detail oriented, and perform well under pressure
- Must convey professional image to all levels of associates
- Must have at least 3 work semesters available
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines, Inc., typically referred to as Delta, is one of the major airlines of the United States and a legacy carrier. One of the world's oldest airlines in operation, Delta is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline, along with its subsidiaries and regional affiliates, including Delta Connection, operates over 5,400 flights daily and serves 325 destinations in 52 countries on six continents.