Posted on:12 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for working closely with management to execute analytical initiatives. Responsible for solving business problem by leveraging techniques such as segmentation, optimization, advanced analytics and machine learning. Creates reports and dashboards to closely monitor performance metrics and provide insights.
- Performs deep-dive forensic analysis to resolve complex issues impacting DSL (student loan) consumers throughout the loan life cycle. Analyzing relevant data to understand the cause of the issue and the associated impacted population; coming up with recommendations to quantify and assess the financial harm that the customer experienced.
- Leads the development and implementation of advanced analytics including customer segmentation, optimization, prescriptive analytics and machine learning algorithm & recommendation to solve business problems. Operates as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application, and financial impact analysis.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations. Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, proposes, designs and implements tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization.
- Manages multiple priorities, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners.
- Develops and automates reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Facilitates implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
- Consistently follows standard work processes and documentation requirements. Recommends improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining quality of work.
- Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Analytics, Engineering, or Statistics
- 4+ years of experience in Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/Data Science or related.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 2+ years of experience in Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/Data Science or related
Discover Financial Services is an American financial services company that owns and operates Discover Bank, which offers checking and savings accounts, personal loans, home equity loans, student loans and credit cards. It also owns and operates the Discover and Pulse networks, and owns Diners Club International. Discover Card is the third largest credit card brand in the United States.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Discover Bank is currently hiring Lead Data Science Analyst Jobs in Riverwoods, IL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.