Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Senior Data Scientist? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Data Scientist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Senior Data Scientist you will develop Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning (DL) solutions to save lives and support the care of HCA patients. In this technically focused position you will be responsible for understanding challenges/problems within the healthcare industry and leveraging these technologies to deliver real-time predictions and signals which enable our care providers to better care for our patients.
What you will do in this role:
- You will deliver ML and DL products from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver impactful results to the organization
- Design and implement monitoring of product function and performance
- Conform and contribute to improving, department processes and standards
- Use front-end tools and interfaces (e.g. notification and alert systems, dashboard reports) for internal clients to view and interact with processed data
- Perform data gathering (SQL, etc.) and data cleaning/wrangling
- Perform feature engineering and modeling with clinical, operational, and financial data
- Design and implement highly scalable applications that take advantage of distributed infrastructure on physical and cloud servers with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Apache Kafka
- Create and execute test cases (both automated and manual)
- Train and mentor other Data Scientists with respect to Data Science techniques and tools, mathematical and statistical understanding of Machine Learning, and industry best practices for Data Science development and solutions
- Engage with stakeholders to define problem and impact of possible Data Science solutions; write strategic documents, lead discussion and presentation
- Lead troubleshooting activities
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Masters/PhD is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ in relevant work experience
Human Resources Group empowers our people to grow and give purpose to the HCA Healthcare culture. We deliver our Human Resource model in three sectors: HR Business Partners, HR Shared Operations and HR Centers of Excellence. HR Business Partner teams are critical to the success of our HR delivery model. We drive performance to achieve successful results to better care for our patients, communities and each other.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
HCA Healthcare is an American for-profit operator of health care facilities that was founded in 1968. It is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and, as of May 2020, owns and operates 186 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding emergency rooms, urgent care centers and physician clinics in 21 states and the United Kingdom.