Posted on:20 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Data and Analytics team as a Data Scientist who will facilitate the delivery of cross-functional analytic solutions for a diverse set of internal business customers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, change agent, and exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading analytics projects. As a key member of our Data and Analytics (D&A) team at ADM, you will have the opportunity to help build impactful solutions and deliver results through a variety of exciting and challenging projects.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We are a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities, and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
Candidates will have a strong combination of business and technical acumen including demonstrated competency across data science use cases in Commercial, Supply Chain, Operations, Human Resources and other functional areas
- Partner with business users and leaders in problem solving approaches and translating business problems to analytics needs.
- Learn new problem domains, and co-develop narratives guiding business users through ideation and estimation on solutions that drive business value.
- Analyze data, build statistical & machine learning models and algorithms.
- Improve upon existing machine learning methodologies by developing new data sources, developing and testing model enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning model parameters for new models
- Formalize assumptions about how models are expected to behave, creating definitions of outliers, developing methods to systematically identify these outliers, and explaining why they are reasonable or identifying fixes for them
- Ensure deliverables meet scope, quality and timeline targets
- Efficiently drive analytics optimization programs, such as standardizing and automating our reporting and data science frameworks, partnering with Data Engineering to ensure best in class data, and establishing processes for how we engage with and deliver value through our solutions to our key stakeholders.
- Recommend best practices and tooling / automation that will drive alignment, simplify execution, improve quality, create efficiencies, and support organizational scale
- Maintain proper communication cadence to hold our business partners accountable and ensure successful delivery of programs
- Highlight and communicate technical risks while actively working to mitigate them
- Ensure effective migration from solution development to service delivery teams
Standard Job Requirements:
- Great curiosity, enthusiasm and innovation, organization, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Strong ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- In addition to a strong attention to detail, ideal candidates will also be able to see the strategic implications for the business in the big picture and start solving for future problems, not just today’s specific challenge.
- Expertise in synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
- Distills complex problems to their root cause and main drivers, and challenges assumptions even from senior leaders
- Resilient and able to work autonomously in the face of ambiguity
- Proven experience and knowledge of Python, R, with strong SQL skills.
- Strong knowledge of visualization in Power BI and/ Tableau
- Proven experience and knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Proven experience and knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, etc.)
- Experience in an Azure environment highly preferred
- Experience working with enterprise scale databases, with demonstrated ability to independently query and prepare data for analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science or another related degree of study
- 3 - 8+ years of exposure to analytics and analytics best practices
- Preferred Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Economics
Archer Daniels Midland - ADM
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, dep
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Archer Daniels Midland - ADM is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Erlanger, KY, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.