As a DevOps Engineer Senior or Lead on the Data Solutions Team, you'll design and develop enterprise continuous integration, continuous delivery and cloud solutions for all service types, such as Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (Saas), that support Progressive’s capabilities. You'll be responsible for the automation and integration of various technology platforms; this includes developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools and frameworks that enable customers to build and deploy cloud ready and cloud native applications and infrastructure. In addition, you'll serve as an escalation point for public cloud internal customers.
This is a remote position or you may choose to be in the office in Cleveland, OH or Colorado Springs, CO.
Must have qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., computer science, software engineering, telecommunication, math) and minimum of four years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in designing and scripting infrastructure solutions
- Instead of degree, minimum of six years of related experience listed in above bullet
- Cloud Solutions experience, such as AWS, and skilled in Infrastructure as Code (IaC), such as Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of automated deployment pipeline methodologies and tools; experience with container and server-less compute
- Experience with Python and Shell programming
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and DevSecOps methodologies
- Fluency in GIT version control and branching methodologies along with GitHub user interface
- Salary: $87,390-$129,250/year depending on the position level and experience
- Gainshare bonus up to 30% of your eligible earnings based on company performance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness & mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
- Onsite gym & healthcare at large locations
Equal Opportunity Employer?
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.
The Progressive Corporation is an American insurance company, the third largest insurance carrier and the No. 1 commercial auto insurer in the United States. The company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joseph M. Lewis, and is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio. The company insures passenger vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats, PWC, and commercial vehicles. Progressive also provides home, life, and pet.