Collins Aerospace is looking for a Stress Engineering Manager, Aftermarket to manage a team of engineering professionals in One-Offs AMTS Advanced Aerostructures Engineering. You will oversee design and analysis, development, and delivery of engineered solutions for Airline customers to ensure conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards. You will ensure that work assigned and completed meets established engineering schedules and business objectives while satisfying customer requirements. This job requires both a high level of technical knowledge combined with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a mix of internal and external customers. You must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and be willing to regularly deal with emotional customers while maintaining a high level of emotional intelligence. Rapid problem resolution and decision making while dealing with ambiguity.
Position will work in a hybrid (onsite & remote) capacity.
- Will manage and work on repairs (working leads), performing all duties related to RE/SE:
- Perform repair stress analysis and develop analytical methods for complex technical issues requiring creativity and ingenuity in supporting airline operational requirements, formal certification reports, and design changes.
- Should be able to make quick engineering judgments and perform margin explorations for repair solutions based on certification analysis, on various nacelle components for different programs
- Apply advanced structural analysis principles to support repair design development on metallic and composite structures.
- Prepare RAS/8110-3 documents including substantiating analysis and obtain/coordinate sign-off with Airworthiness organization.
- Prepare analysis package to support SRM/CMM repair development for submission to the Type Certificate holder.
- Supervises and coordinates team to ensure customer expectations are met and ensure efficient customer communication
- Monitors customer service performance (health of one-offs, OTD / DTP / FPY / QCPC) and ensure activities are efficient, consistent, reliable, and high quality
- Escalate resource needs, gaps, and requirements
- First line of escalation for urgent requests, emerging risks, and customer complaints
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to staff on the systems, standards and processes put in place to help the team provide solutions, build capabilities, and continues improvement. Leads projects for productivity improvement.
- Documents needs/gaps to identify patterns and maintain quality
- Monitors and escalates repair volume to ensure proper day-to-day resource planning is appropriate
- Coordinates and liaises with other groups (RE/ SE/ DAE/ RCE/ DER/ ASM/ PSE/ SRM) to ensure customer issue resolution
- Oversees difficult customer problems to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction
- Developing, creating, and deploying training plan to close capability gaps
- Monitors queue health
- Performs DIVE’s for customer case-specific complaints.
- Coordinate with global One-Off and MRO teams (GASCA / GETC-I).
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Firm working knowledge of Repair Analysis on Nacelle Structures of various Programs
- Experience on Repair Design techniques and tools (Hand calculations, )
- Experience in customer interactions / customer service, ability to manage critical customer situations and calls
- Ability to do presentations to management and customers
- Experience managing projects
- Experience in Continuous Improvement techniques and Tools (Lean, ACE)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experienced in ITAR/Export Controls regulations
- Knowledgeable on Repair Classification for Nacelle Structures under FAA & EASA
- Experienced in Airworthiness requirements (EASA, FAA)
- Working knowledge of various OEM requirements like Airbus, Boeing etc.
- Experience with data extraction, data analysis, and creation reports and presentation
- Wide availability to be 'on-call'
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite:Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
- Hybrid:Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
- Remote:Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
- Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
- Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) was an American multinational conglomerate headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut. It merged with the Raytheon Company in April 2020 to form Raytheon Technologies. It researched, developed, and manufactured products in numerous areas, including aircraft engines, aerospace systems, HVAC, elevators and escalators, fire and security, building automation, and industrial products, among others. UTC was als