Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
Wealth Management Technology
Wealth Management Technology is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Business. Practice areas include: Analytics, Intelligence, & Data Technology (AIDT), Client Platforms, Core Technology Services (CTS), Financial Advisor Platforms, Global Banking Technology (GBT), Investment Solutions Technology (IST), Institutional Wealth and Corporate Solutions Technology (IWCST), Technology Delivery Management (TDM), User Experience (UX), and the CAO team.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Extensive coordination and collaboration for gathering requirements and technical details with key stakeholder across different teams (development, architecture, QA and SMEs)
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Participate in design discussions and partner with key stakeholders in documenting and developing potential solutions to the business problems
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong Knowledge of SQL is a must
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Tableau, Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.) and ETL frameworks (Informatica etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Understand business objectives. Working with users to formulate business & system requirements.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Comfortable in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Strong knowledge of Data warehousing concepts and knowledge of formal database architecture and design. Good SQL experience (preferably Teradata).
- Ability to challenge status-quo through identification of key business requirements and addressing through innovative data-driven solutions.
- Ability to work in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience in agile, for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams. Achieve a high level of performance and quality and deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. Good in user story writing and grouping
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to take ownership and run stakeholder meetings
- Be excellent at time management
- Good documentation and writing skills
- Stakeholder management
Good to have skills
- Experience working with BFSI domain
- Expertise in handling large data volumes MPP databases like Teradata/Greenplum
- Knowledge of Hadoop will be a plu
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered at 1585 Broadway in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. With offices in more than 42 countries and more than 60,000 employees, the firm's clients include corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals. Morgan Stanley ranked No. 67 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by tot