Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and accuracy of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this tool-belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure the impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY ACCOUNT INTEGRITY?
With our large and growing number of active users on Roblox, we are an ever more attractive target for malicious actors to both compromise user accounts and proliferate automated accounts for the purposes of spam and phishing. As a data science leader for Account Integrity, you'll help craft and implement key strategies to help curtail the spread of bots and keep user accounts secure. You'll also partner with product and engineering leaders to align on priority and ensure execution across project areas.
- A natural leader. You initiate and drive multiple projects simultaneously. You recruit and grow a strong team of data scientists.
- You understand that performing decisions at scale raises a plethora of questions. You will navigate the 10,000 foot level with ease while being able to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Not afraid to occasionally get hands-on and dig into the technical details to understand the best paths forward.
- Always expanding your skills. You stay knowledgeable about the latest progress in machine learning and statistics.
- You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology, tool, framework or more to maximize impact in a practical fashion.
- Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Trust and Safety, you will own a set of core metrics and accompanying product playbook to drive impact.
- Partner with a suite of partners in product management and engineering to influence product vision and roadmap, prioritizing the most impactful data science projects.
- Oversee measurement for Account Integrity focus areas.
- Provide direction to build, improve, and maintain data products.
- Grow/coach people across a wide range of skills, from product analytics, to experimentation, to modeling.
- 5+ years of industry experience in data science
- 1+ years of experience leading data science and analytics teams
- 2+ years of experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
- 3+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 3+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 8+ years of industry experience in data science
- 3+ years of experience leading data science and analytics teams
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast-growing company, ideally within the tech sector.
- Ability to leverage analytics and data storytelling to influence product teams and leaders.
- Experience doing research, building cutting edge technology, or working on complex technical projects.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox Corporation is an American video game developer based in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2004 by David Baszucki and Erik Cassel, the company is the developer of Roblox, which was released in 2006. As of December 31, 2021, Roblox Corporation employs approximately 1,600 people.