Posted on:10 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
At Roblox, a deep understanding and measurement of users and creators' experience is critical to Roblox's rapid growth. The experimentation platform is enabling Roblox's success by empowering other teams at Roblox to use data and experiments to improve user acquisition, engagement, and retention.
We are building an industry leading platform and tools that allow other teams and our developers to run and automatically analyze experiments at scale. As a Data Engineer on experimentation you should be familiar with supporting Experimentation or structured ETL frameworks, and should leverage that knowledge to inform your design decisions and implementations. Our team's product will act as the interface between those defining experiments and the results of the variants across the Roblox experimentation platform. Scale is of the utmost importance as Roblox continues it's development of our world class experimentation data platform.
- A B.Sc. equivalent in CS or sufficient experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with scalable ETL pipelines on industry standard ETL orchestration tools (such as. Airflow, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions or, Azure Data Factory)
- 3+ years of building and tuning Spark workflows at TB scale
- Significant experience with at least one major cloud's suite of offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure) and willingness to learn another
- Developed frameworks or ETL templates that enabled highly structured workflow simplification
You May Have:
- Developed with Data Quality at the core of your pipelines (e.g. Great Expectations, Data Fold, etc.)
- Developed or enhanced ETL orchestrations tools
- Used statistical optimization techniques to reduce overall computation complexity
- Worked within standard GitOps workflow (branch and merge, PRs, CI / CD systems)
- Familiarity with infrastructure configuration (IaC [e.g. Terraform], cluster parameter tuning, service parameter tuning)
- Partner with our experimentation platform team to build and scale our experimentation data processing workflow.
- Design an extensible and scalable data model to support the experimental analysis and reporting
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable data pipelines in batch and streaming to fuel the core data sets
- Build ETL Frameworks to scale and extend the sheer volume of experiments that are processed
- Analyze the use cases for the data to determine appropriate SLAs
- Analyze the incoming data and upstream pipelines to determine and minimize epistemological issues.
- Determine appropriate relaxations to deterministic compute where appropriate and leverage probabilistic data structures (bloom filters, count min sketch)
- Partner with the Data Platform Team to provide approximation algorithms (approximate nearest neighbor, etc.) for high use statistics of interest.
- Determine optimal caching strategies and eviction policies to support cost effective analysis
- Drive adoption of the Core Data tables and publicize new incoming datasets to ensure consistency across the organization
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox Corporation is an American video game developer based in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2004 by David Baszucki and Erik Cassel, the company is the developer of Roblox, which was released in 2006. As of December 31, 2021, Roblox Corporation employs approximately 1,600 people.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Roblox Corporation is currently hiring Senior Data Engineer Jobs in San Mateo, CA, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.