MSCI Equity Data Management (EDM) team provides high quality and differentiated equity data for construction of MSCI’s products such as Equity Indexes, Risk Models and ESG Ratings.
The Equity Data Senior Associate will be responsible for 1) frequent review of the content and data points used for asset screening such as free float, country of classification, liquidity etc., 2) participating into the data methodology enhancements and resolution of the external client queries., 3) operations and team management
What we will offer you:
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
Your key responsibilities
- Gain the understanding of Index eligibility screening data methodologies and the rules of quality data screening with the goal of becoming proficient with the market specifics of the assigned countries and perform quality checks on the data points covered by the team.
- Quality assessment of the data as per product and Index review schedules.
- Independently handle the presentations regarding data quality analysis to the various Data and Index committees and regular reviews to enhance the methodology.
- Own the resolution of client queries pertaining to the Index eligibility screening data.
- Contribute to further improvising processes and applications used by the Float and Index Eligibility team.
- Participate in and initiate projects related to the Index eligibility screening.
- Ensure processes are streamlined and effective
- Develop Subject Matter expertise, aiming to be the point of escalation for any issues on Index Eligibility
- Coordinate with stakeholders for daily production related activities
- Manage global team operations and provide mentorship and guidance to team members
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- A self-driven work ethic, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles. Flexible in working hours.
- Attention to detail. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with good logical aptitude.
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills in English.
- Commitment to excellence and quality management/control.
- Intellectual curiosity towards financial data and technologies with strong understanding of how Indexes are used and the impact of corporate actions.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience (Industry type: Financial Services, Broking, Capital Market), People manager for at least 2 years.
- Advanced Excel Skills. Programming Skill (Python, SQL and Power BI) is a plus
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
MSCI Inc., is an American finance company headquartered in New York City and serving as a global provider of equity, fixed income, hedge fund stock market indexes, multi-asset portfolio analysis tools and ESG products. It publishes the MSCI BRIC, MSCI World and MSCI EAFE Indexes.
No. of Employees
7 World Trade Center, Manhattan, New York, NY, USA