MSCI is seeking an experienced Market Data Analyst to join a highly skilled and motivated team of analysts that solves complex problems regarding all aspects of market data production including data sourcing, processing, loading, etc. Experience with financial time series or reference data is highly desirable.
What we will offer you:
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial securit
Your key responsibilities
- Being a member of a highly skilled and motivated team of analysts that solves complex problems regarding all aspects of market data production including data sourcing, processing, loading, etc.
- Maintaining, re-engineering and developing efficient and elegant processes to support the daily production of market data.
- In collaboration with the Research and Development Group, implementing new data packages and analytics to enable clients to properly analyze new or existing financial instruments.
- Becoming a financial markets expert with regards to interest rates, futures, options, equities, and other financial instruments, as well as the use of market data in risk management.
- Be involved with internal tool development, data visualization and automatic report generation
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy
- Assist our Sales and Client Relations Group in resolving client inquiries related to our content
- Assist senior management with regular and ad-hoc reporting on client requests, status reports
- Work closely with our global data update teams and global data vendors
- Working with a first-rate clientele including many of the world's central banks, leading financial institutions, hedge funds, and corporations.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics (STEM fields)
- 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Technical skills and programming languages i.e. SQL, Python, R, Perl, UNIX basic file administration.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge in the Financial / Capital Markets and data management
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Strong interest in financial markets, products, and risk management
- Ability to solve complex problems and self-learn new skills
- Experience with reference or time series data supporting risk analytics desired
- Large scale financial or reference data warehouse experience ideal
- Knowledge of market data vendors, e.g. Refinitiv is a plus
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a result oriented, team-driven organization
- CFA / FRM is a plus
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
MSCI Inc., is an American finance company headquartered in New York City and serving as a global provider of equity, fixed income, hedge fund stock market indexes, multi-asset portfolio analysis tools and ESG products. It publishes the MSCI BRIC, MSCI World and MSCI EAFE Indexes.
No. of Employees
7 World Trade Center, Manhattan, New York, NY, USA