MSCI calculates over 225,000 equity indexes on a daily basis using information for more than 35,000 securities belonging to 84 countries worldwide. These indexes include approximately 12,000 real time regional, country, sector, industry and industry group indexes, calculated throughout the trading day and about 12,000 custom indexes.
MSCI custom indexes leverage MSCI's robust standard methodologies to be the building block for customized solutions to MSCI clients' investment needs.
The job responsibilities will involve the day to day operations of the Monterrey Custom Index team focusing on key deliverables as it relates to the Custom Index operations and MSCI Index products in general. The operations responsibilities involve the understanding of the investment solution being provided to the client via a customized index, setting up the index, calculate it as well as work cross functionally with other colleagues in sales, research, product management and IT to ensure all paperwork and deliverables are in line. In addition, be an active participant in the development and testing of MSCI new products.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- Work effectively with colleagues in IT, Product and Project Management, Market Data, Research, Sales/Coverage and the Client Service Organization among others.
- Create indexes tailored to specific client needs.
- Understand index calculation methodologies and its applications on the index construction process.
- Implement index methodology changes as well as updates on custom indexes which require input from clients or other 3rd parties.
- Respond to client queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor the volumes and the resolution time of requests to ensure the delivery within the official turnaround time.
- Pay special attention to urgent requests or major commercial opportunities and strive for quick and smooth resolution on those.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new products or processes as well as self-motivated project initiatives, focusing on the use of technology to improve daily or manual processes.
- Participate in client meetings related to index calculation methodologies or product related requests.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- University Degree with keen interest in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, or Mathematics
- At least 4 years of relevant experience preferably from the financial industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to break down complex issues into smaller manageable parts
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Superior knowledge of spreadsheet tools
- Highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Flexible in working hours
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit
MSCI Inc., is an American finance company headquartered in New York City and serving as a global provider of equity, fixed income, hedge fund stock market indexes, multi-asset portfolio analysis tools and ESG products. It publishes the MSCI BRIC, MSCI World and MSCI EAFE Indexes.
No. of Employees
7 World Trade Center, Manhattan, New York, NY, USA