Posted on:8 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Sr. Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Responsible for developing and deploying machine learning algorithms. Evaluates accuracy and functionality of machine learning algorithms. Translates application requirements into machine learning problem statements. Analyzes and evaluates solutions both internally generated as well as third party supplied. Develops novel ways to use machine learning to solve problems and discover new products. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience. Research and implement new detection capabilities for use within our Media Analysis Framework (MAF). You will rely on your experience in computer vision and machine learning to extract insightful metadata from the video. You will work closely with other researchers and engineers to create algorithms for multi-modal analysis of images and video at scale. Additionally, you’ll ensure that your components are well-tested, production-ready, and performant at scale.
- Implements, refines and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Takes action on existing specifications of designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning and data monitoring.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained and deploys validated machine learning models into production.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Comcast Corporation (formerly registered as Comcast Holdings) is an American telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue (behind AT&T), the largest pay-TV company, the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation's third-largest home telephone service provider. Comc
No. of Employees
Tupelo, MS, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Comcast is currently hiring Machine Learning Engineer Jobs in Oak Brook, IL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.