We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
- The Data Scientist II is a valuable part of the Data Science team who builds and operationalizes predictive models, provides statistical analysis and data visualization services for one and/or several lines of business and/or shared service functions.
- Works on end to end solutions as part of a team.
- Designs innovative analytic models and responsible for pulling and cleaning datasets, evaluating models, and presenting results to internal teams and business leaders to demonstrate the business value of each project.
- May mentor other team members and act as a subject matter expert regarding select aspects of data science.
Essential Job Functions
- Works closely with business clients to identify project opportunities and clarify analytic requirements, including understanding who will use the potential solution and how it fits into the business process.
- Extracts data from a variety of sources (databases, web, text files) and in a variety of formats (structured, unstructured, JSON, Parquet, etc.) and prepares the data for analysis.
- Builds predictive models which generate business value and assist in the deployment/integration process. Describes data using qualitative and quantitative aggregation/summarization and build tools (static reports, interactive dashboards, web applications) allowing clients to easily view and understand important patterns and data trends.
- Provides management of data infrastructure and staff for all major modeling projects.
- Manages requirements for data and analytic enhancements needed to improve analytics and/or data process in the future. Provides quantitative comparisons of data points u sing advanced statistical analysis including data reduction techniques (PCA, clustering), resampling (permutation tests, Monte Carlo testing) as well as traditional statistical hypothesis testing and modeling (GLM, Survival analysis), and demographic analysis (estimation, projection, dynamics).
- Constructs and validates predictive models using a variety of techniques and implements served results directly into business processes and oversees the operationalization and deployment of these models to production systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in scientific or quantitative field and documented academic excellence in scientific field highly preferred.
- 4+ years as a Data Scientist and/or advanced analytics role required. Minimum one year in an insurance environment preferred.
Job Location(s): US - AZ - Remote, US - CA - Remote, US - MI - Remote, US - TX - Remote, US - OH - Remote, US - FL - Remote, US - GA - Remote, US - IL - Remote, US - NY - Remote, US - PA - Remote, US - WA - Remote, US - CT - Remote, US - MA - Remote, US - DC - Remote
Farmers Insurance Group
Farmers Insurance Group is an American insurer group of vehicles, homes and small businesses and also provides other insurance and financial services products. Farmers Insurance has more than 48,000 exclusive and independent agents and approximately 21,000 employees.
No. of Employees
6301 Owensmouth Avenue, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States