- Hawkeye is the largest CRM agency in North America, with 931+ team members across 23 offices worldwide. The agency orchestrates experiences for people across their customer journey — leveraging human insight, the world’s best data, empathic creativity, and the most powerful technology available. We do all this to deliver business results for our clients, and to create more meaningful connections between humans and brands. We call these Connections Designed to Matter.
Please note that while each posting requires a geographical location, Hawkeye has offices in 12 U.S. cities (including San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas and NYC) and 4 offices globally (Toronto, London, Dublin, Bangalore). We call it “Hybrid at Hawkeye”, and this role can align to the candidate’s closest geographical office. Our flexible geographic work environment enables our organization to be agile, move at the speed of culture and build Connections Designed to Matter®.
We’re Hawkeye, a one-of-a-kind human experience agency….
Hawkeye Agency is seeking a Director of Data Science to support its Data Design and Analytics team. Using various tools and statistical techniques, you will use marketing and sales data to help clients understand their marketing performance over time. Your analysis will act as a growth engine, helping our clients understand both which investments to make, and whether those marketing investments are successful.
In this position, you will work with a team of analysts providing performance marketing. As a senior team member, you will ensure consistent delivery of best-in-class modeled marketing approaches in support of shopper marketing and consumer promotions activations.
The Data Design and Analytics team generates insights from a wide array of datasets, including Epsilon’s proprietary data assets, user generated content, Point of Sale data, media exposure data, and web/app analytics. You will work across multiple clients and industries, including CPG, ecommerce, retail, and banking. Our small team is fast-paced and hands-on in support of the broader organization. The ideal candidate has experience with a broad array of statistical models and machine learning, preferably with practical marketing application. Good communication skills, friendly and honest, and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities a must. The position is location-agnostic and will report to the VP of Analytics. 10% travel required.
The Director of Analytics will:
- Lead the development and refinement of statistical solutions designed to assess marketing’s effectiveness at driving business objectives:
- Marketing Mix modelling (MMM)
- Multi-Touch Attribution (MTA)
- Event-based causal inference
- Optimizing marketing mix to drive Brand Equity and sales
- ROI optimization and Simulator tools
- Closely work with analytics leads, account team leads and partners from media and strategy teams to identify gaps in analytics offering and develop solutions to fill them
- Own the full lifecycle of model development from ideation and data exploration, algorithm design and testing, algorithm development and deployment, to algorithm monitoring and tuning in production.
- Synthesize data from a variety of sources including IRI, Nielsen, media vendors. ad servers, and website analytics tools to identify and build marketing effectiveness models
- Present results of analyses to all levels of audiences including C-level client stakeholders
- Consult in design of marketing executions to enable measurement of their impact on the objective
- Improve analytics processes by bringing best practices in algorithms, reproducibility, and collaboration using primarily open-sourced analytics software (R, Python)
- Work with team members to operationalize these models for use across additional clients and industry verticals
- Act as an internal thought leader and resource on predictive analytics and other statistical models.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have deep intellectual curiosity about causal inference, marketing, our clients, their goals, and how to improve program performance on their behalf
- Take ownership of their work and constantly seek improvements
- Have experience using syndicated data from IRI/Nielsen to help clients answer business questions, identify business opportunities, and derive insights.
- Have experience leading and collaborating with a team of analysts to build statistical solutions in open-source software
- Have experience using marketing performance data to craft stories that spur action
- Be comfortable and poised when presenting marketing results to clients and internal teams
- Collaborate easily with client’s reporting and analytics teams
- Master’s degree in statistics or data science and 5+ years’ experience applying statistics in a marketing setting OR bachelor’s degree in statistics or data science and 7+ years’ experience applying statistics in a marketing setting
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing statistical models (Time Series, Regression, Bayesian models, machine learning) for both inference and prediction
- Demonstrated ability in R and/or Python
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, and experience developing and presenting client-ready presentations
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work on multiple projects over the course of a day and accurately set expectations re timing and deliverables
- Effective communicator via both written and spoken word
- Proactive self-starter who can work independently
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and take initiative to solve problems as they arise
Publicis Groupe is a French multinational advertising and public relations company. One of the oldest and largest marketing and communications companies in the world by revenue, it is headquartered in Paris.