Posted on:11 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor, manage, and reward software engineers at all levels to create a high performing team.
- Support the creation of performant, maintainable, horizontally scalable, and accurate data systems that support Cobalt, Jungle Scout’s Enterprise SaaS product.
- Deep dive into issues to unblock your teams.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to design interfaces that support data integrations from the core Jungle Scout data systems at scale.
- Hold a high bar for engineering excellence through design reviews and application of best practices in conjunction with Staff and Principal engineers.
- Manage stakeholders' expectations across job functions and levels.
- Define and monitor metrics on the performance, quality, and cloud cost optimization of your team’s data systems.
- Contribute to Jungle Scout’s roadmap and enterprise data strategy.
Who You Are:
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
- Excited to build online, big data systems that serve Jungle Scout’s enterprise customers at scale.
- Skilled at diving into technical problems through code review, debugging, and writing queries, but prefer to increase your impact by empowering your team.
- Experience with modern data architectures (data lakes, stream processing, etc).
- Experience with modern DevOps practices.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building infrastructure on a Cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- People leader. Experience managing teams of individual contributors through multiple performance cycles.
- Experience managing a team that’s running Spark clusters on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with deploying infrastructure as code with SDKs like AWS CDK, Terraform, or Pulumi.
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working with e-commerce datasets and a general understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem.
- Experience working at a growth startup.
Working at Jungle Scout
- The BEST team.
- Remote-first culture.
- International Meetups.
- Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
- Performance Bonus.
- Flexible Vacation.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their Amazon businesses.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Jungle Scout is currently hiring Engineering Manager Jobs in Vancouver, BC, Canada with average base salary of Can$95,000 - Can$170,000 / Year.