Posted on:12 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
We have 20 years of untapped data waiting for the right person to find the next breakthrough in innovative medicines.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineer key analytical insights into simple, intuitive, and well-designed tools and services tailored for each role and process in all areas; track the business’s performance against data analysis model and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement.
- Ability to translate business questions into analytical problems and build solutions using visualisation techniques, machine learning, statistical modelling under guidance of the senior data scientists.
- Translate data and model results into tactical and strategic insights that are clear, complete, accurate, relevant, understandable, and applicable to decision making and needs for varying client audiences.
- Research and develop new algorithms, methods, statistical models, and business models and providing insight into structured and unstructured data.
- Working with the internal process experts and key stakeholders in providing analysis and interpretation of Safety data. And produce and track metrics to track KPIs and other performance indicators for stakeholders.
- Support the continuous improvement initiatives in Data Science; To provide quantitative analytical support to the CMO&PS sub functions and beyond by providing understandable and actionable business intelligence for key stakeholders
- Collaborate with partners in IT and GDD functions to improve the availability of data (near-real time data flows) and data quality as required for high quality, innovative, analytical/ technical solutions.
- Manage timely delivery of high-quality PV& Medical safety listing, analysis and data and ensure compliance with health authority regulations. Supports and represents Data Science team in regulatory inspections/audits, as and when required.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering (Data Science, Biotech, Computer Science, Information Technology, or any Data and Digital related Engineering), Pharmaceutical, Life Science or similar field, MBA from reputed institutes.
- 3-5 years of experience in AI, Data Science, Data Analytics or related fields with specific experience of producing Key Performance Indicators or similar monthly reports for Senior Management and building statistical models for addressing business issues
- 3-5 years of quantitative analytics experience with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical modelling, Machine Learning, digital attribution, forecasting, optimization and/or predictive analytics.
- 1-3 years of Pharma, CRO, Life Science related domain/projects experience would be preferred.
- Expertise in at least 1 of: Statistical modelling, Machine learning, Big data or Technology solution development, along with Pharmacovigilance/Clinical operations domain expertise.
- Ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical users in the areas of clinical databases (both internal and external).
- Advance level skills in at least 2 of: Python/SAS/R/SQL/Excel/VBA and working knowledge in others - ability to write and understand queries and extract complex datasets and produce reports from Databases (including Oracle, SAS, non-relational databases)
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Novartis International AG is a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical corporation based in Basel, Switzerland. It is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Novartis's businesses are divided into three operating divisions: Innovative Medicines, Sandoz (generics) and Alcon (eyecare).
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Novartis is currently hiring Data Science Expert Jobs in India with average base salary of ₹840,000 - ₹2,160,000 / Year.