Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Snap Inc. This team of designers, scientists, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We’re looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our product team.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and statistical modeling to deliver impactful, objective, and actionable data insights that enable informed business and product decisions
- Drive informed and timely decision-making that improves and optimizes the way our products are created, executed, and adopted'
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, product marketers, and designers
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify and size up new opportunities within Snap's long term roadmap for data-scientific contributions
- Conduct machine learning or statistical analyses, and build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimizations
- Communicate best practices in quantitative analysis and develop cross-functional partnerships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise using data modeling skills to identify key product trends and new product opportunities
- Ability to design implement, and track core metrics to analyze the performance of our products
- Ability to create visuals, dashboards, and reports to effectively communicate your insights
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- An understanding of Snapchat with great product sense and product understanding
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Advanced degree in a relevant field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, machine learning, or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- Experience using SQL or similar big data querying languages
- Experience with programming language, such as Python or R
- Strong statistical knowledge, with expertise in applied statistical techniques, such as inferential methods, causal methods, A/B testing, or statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in a product-focused role at a social media and/or mobile technology company
- Experience using machine learning and statistical analysis for building data-driven product solutions or performing methodological research.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation
Snap Inc. is an American camera and social media company, founded on September 16, 2011, by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown based in Santa Monica, California. The company developed and maintains technological products and services, namely Snapchat, Spectacles, and Bitmoji.