Posted on:12 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Who You Are
As a Software Engineer on our Data Systems, Manufacturing Software Systems Team, you will be a part of our world-class engineering and research teams passionate about accelerating the innovation of next generation lithium ion battery materials. You will demonstrate your full-stack technical expertise to help us build a next generation Sila Manufacturing software platform. As we look to rapidly scale our business and accelerate innovation, you will help develop new apps for our Manufacturing teams, architecting new data patterns, or creating integrations between Manufacturing systems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing, Equipment and Process teams to develop software to for our next generation lithium ion battery materials factory
- Leverage techniques such as automated testing and code review to drive the creation of high-quality software
- Partner with team members at Sila to deliver well-integrated cross-disciplinary solutions focused on enabling a data driven business
- Apply Agile software development methodologies to enhance value delivery
- Actively invest in our values and foster them as we grow
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 6-8+ years of experience in manufacturing or a related field, fewer for candidates with a related advanced degree
- Experience building or integrating with event-driven data pipelines, interacting with file stores and/or databases (on premise & cloud), designing data architectures, using containerized solutions in a CI/CD environment
- Proven cross-disciplinary expertise applying software engineering to deliver high-quality, integrated solutions
- Experience working with batch, event, and/or streaming data pipelines (on Apache Airflow and/or similar), using SQL and no-SQL data stores, on scalable infrastructure (Kubernetes, Helm, AWS API Gateway, and/or AWS Lambda)
- Experience with asynchronous programming concepts, including multi-threading, queueing, etc
- Works empathically with business partners to understand and translate business needs into concrete requirements and projects
- Self-starter that can craft & build applications from user requirements
- Diligent in writing unit test and integration test; test driven development
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
- Experience writing software that interacts with the physical world (e.g. laboratory instruments, manufacturing automation or IoT devices) a plus
- Experience building enterprise software in one or more of the following: Go, Rust.
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc.
We are Sila - a next generation battery materials company dedicated to accelerating energy transformation for a more sustainable future.
Our next-gen anode material is the first significant chemistry improvement to lithium-ion batteries to reach the market in 30 years. Our silicon anode material is a simple drop-in replacement to graphite and significantly boosts the energy density of lithium-ion batteries without compromising performance.
No. of Employees
Alameda, California, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is currently hiring Senior Software Engineer Jobs in Alameda, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.